Gear macro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear macro

I don't know if it was suggested before, but having the option to save the current gear you're using on a macro would be really useful. Tired of having to move around 12 pieces of gear around whenever I get tired of grinding XP and wanting to move to trials. TERA has this option to save up to 5 different gear macros that you can switch around and I think it would make our lives a lot easier if it can be implemented here.

I finally switched my xp gear to another hero for this very reason. I grind levels with one hero, and trials with another.

I think the idea is pretty neat, and I would add that it would be great if I could keep it in stash instead of in my character's page.
    Last edited by abc127; 06-19-2017, 11:18 AM.
    VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Originally posted by Bidpai View Post
      I don't know if it was suggested before, but having the option to save the current gear you're using on a macro would be really useful. Tired of having to move around 12 pieces of gear around whenever I get tired of grinding XP and wanting to move to trials. TERA has this option to save up to 5 different gear macros that you can switch around and I think it would make our lives a lot easier if it can be implemented here.
      Another way is to level up second character and use 1 for trials and second for XP like below.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-06-19-13-14-51.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	47149

Comment

This.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohin View Post
          Another way is to level up second character and use 1 for trials and second for XP like below.
          Yeah, but for that I need to level another character to 70 and upgrade its skills to 10, not really the same thing

Comment

Yeah, but for that I need to level another character to 70 and upgrade its skills to 10, not really the same thing
            That's a lot of extra gems required to open the skill slots, my extra 70's are bare minimum for crafting, didn't even unlock more than 1 utility slot or the last ability slot. Even for farming I want all of that. I love this idea of a gear macro, but for now I'll continue to switch gear when needed.
            ZAMU YESE VARO 8373

Comment

Not the same but faster.

Upgrades take some time when you are using one upgrade slot (I did that already). My advise for you is to start for fun playing second (the same class) character when you get some good amount of CL's, you can level up on trial really fast. Until that level it up until you will get new skill, upgrade it to 10, level up to next skill, etc, this cost you average few minutes per day...

Comment

Originally posted by Skycake View Post
                That's a lot of extra gems required to open the skill slots, my extra 70's are bare minimum for crafting, didn't even unlock more than 1 utility slot or the last ability slot. Even for farming I want all of that. I love this idea of a gear macro, but for now I'll continue to switch gear when needed.
                I understand that you are read all guides from more experiences players and you have already unlocked 5 slots and you getting 100 gems/day. If you bought the subscribtion or you watch a lot of ads you can get 200+ gems per day quite easy.

If you will be leveling and upgrading all skills with my strategy this will really not cost you a lot of time/also gems (you will not feel that 200-700 gems per weeks it's something you can't effort and because you don't have decent gear you don't have any other way to spend (invest) gems).

Comment

Oh I agree, once I have a solid main, I can start using my gems for unlocking those slots, I do currently upgrade constantly on 3 other characters. As of now I am using my gems to reforge and socket gear that I feel I won't be able to replace for a good while. Swapping gear isn't terrible for me because I still use about 360% exp gear when I trial, it's good stuff for me haha. Maybe in a few weeks when they catch up a bit upgrade wise, but as of now none of my secondary toons have the capability I need for farming.
                  ZAMU YESE VARO 8373

Comment

Originally posted by Skycake View Post
                    Oh I agree, once I have a solid main, I can start using my gems for unlocking those slots, I do currently upgrade constantly on 3 other characters. As of now I am using my gems to reforge and socket gear that I feel I won't be able to replace for a good while. Swapping gear isn't terrible for me because I still use about 360% exp gear when I trial, it's good stuff for me haha. Maybe in a few weeks when they catch up a bit upgrade wise, but as of now none of my secondary toons have the capability I need for farming.
                    Any gems which you spent on reforge and socketing not decent items are waste just make this in mind. I am also wasting some gems sometimes most on reforge but I get a lot of difficulties to replace any item from my gear.

Try to think about two different builds for trials and story (XP), I think is much better to farm XP in story mode and the time which you save on grinding XP you can spend on higher trials to get better gear.

Of course it's up to you what you prefer, I was also playing a lot of time with one build (XP) but it was some time ago when Trials were new content.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohin View Post
                      Any gems which you spent on reforge and socketing not decent items are waste just make this in mind. I am also wasting some gems sometimes most on reforge but I get a lot of difficulties to replace any item from my gear.

Try to think about two different builds for trials and story (XP), I think is much better to farm XP in story mode and the time which you save on grinding XP you can spend on higher trials to get better gear.

Of course it's up to you what you prefer, I was also playing a lot of time with one build (XP) but it was some time ago when Trials were new content.
                      I appreciate any and all information. The pieces I'm spending gems on are for the exp set and a few for trials, I'm being as careful as I can not to waste, but sometimes an item refuses to cooperate and reforge costs hundreds more than I'd hoped, usually I stopped try randomly at a later time, feels less wasteful. Haha.

The reason I have so much exp even during trials is only because they are better than any trial oriented gear I have found. I seem to find 80% EXP gear, and many have decent rolls so it kind of sucks for farming trials. Over time I hope to have a full set for everything.
                      ZAMU YESE VARO 8373

Comment

Working...
                      X