Newbie control on, do not allow to sell gear with equipped socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie control on, do not allow to sell gear with equipped socket

... As the title says. You could go with a simple warning, but why would one ever sell a piece of item with a gemstone on purpose?

Some context:

I searched all my stash, all my characters inventory, buyback ... No luck, was too late to realize I sold my best purple. Most likely while upgrading gear (went from 55 to 65 doing 75+ trials).

Also made sure you can actually sell such an item (tested a legendary with 2nd best grade gemstone) before posting, turns out you can (bought back that one fortunately).

I'm not asking my gemstone back, I believe it will look like a minor loss later on even though I'm a bit gutted now.

Also browsed 4 pages of suggestions, sorry if I missed a similar thread.

EDIT: Clarification after reading some of the answers

Just as the title says really, no prompt, grey out the items with gemstone in them when toggling sell mode.

But if it's a prompt telling you to un-socket your item first so it can be sold, I don't see the issue in that case.
    Last edited by Lulero; 06-20-2017, 04:57 AM.

Sorry for your loss, but adding confirmations is a bad idea, they are super annoying.
    Some context:
    Till a few updates ago you had to confirm every sale which was at least blue. Meaning unless it was green or gray you couldn't sell it without confirming it. Players hated it.

I suppose it would be ok if it was an optional toggle.

Comment

I normally think more confirmations are annoying too. But few (if any) of us would ever sell a gemstone (or a piece of gear containing one) on purpose - so if it only asked for confirmation when selling a gemstone I'd be for that.
      Cerberus
      SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

I think that the best way to handle that situation would be to have the equipment sold without confirmation, but the gemstone sent to the inventory or inbox automatically. Just like it does when you fuse or unsocket.

Edit: Just realized I accidentally dropped the "inventory or" from that sentence, and also messed it up at the end. That kind of thing happens when you pull all-nighters and post things at 5:20am. Sorry. ...and there's a whole day to go...
        Last edited by Estharon; 06-20-2017, 03:29 AM.
        Useful links, for my use and for yours...
        http://postimage.io for uploading screens easily
        Google site search for these forums
        (more to follow)

Comment

Originally posted by Estharon View Post
          I think that the best way to handle that situation would be to have the equipment sold without confirmation, but the gemstone sent to the inbox automatically. Just like it does when you fuse or unsocket with a full inventory.
          No, because it's really annoying to get things out of there, they don't even stack. Once you get to a high enough level you will want to sell gemstones, like the purple ones, and if it makes you confirm everytime it won't be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
            No, because it's really annoying to get things out of there, they don't even stack. Once you get to a high enough level you will want to sell gemstones, like the purple ones, and if it makes you confirm everytime it won't be fun.
            It's only annoying if you are abusing your inbox as a second inventory, which I think is at least questionable. Nothing is forcing you to leave the gemstone in there either, you just retrieve it from the latest message. And if it is socketed, chances are extremely high that you actually do need that gemstone.

If you haven't found out how to stack gemstones in the inbox yet, I won't be giving it away... ^_^
            P. S. Some proof:

P. P. S. To make that clear: I'm referring specifically to selling gear with socketed gemstones, since that is something you might not notice until it's too late. If you want to sell gemstones directly, I don't think that needs a prompt.
            Last edited by Estharon; 06-20-2017, 03:18 AM.
            (more to follow)

Comment

Originally posted by Estharon View Post
              If you haven't found out how to stack gemstones in the inbox yet, I won't be giving it away... ^_^
              I'm saying they don't stack automatically, so if I fuse a stack of 20 I need to go collect the six stones that come out from the inbox one at a time

Comment

D: D: D: What have I stepped into.

@Humus: No prompt, just do not allow selling an item with gemstone. Grey the thing out when toggling sell mode.

But as @Estharon pointed out, selling only the item could work. Fine by me ... Except you'd skip the gold cost to un-equip the gemstone. Which now turns that never happening scenario into the thing to do when upgrading gear. And raises the issue of where the gemstone is sent at if sold from stash or equipped.

No need to be sorry for my loss, glad to hear the purple kind is not something you commonly want.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                  I'm saying they don't stack automatically, so if I fuse a stack of 20 I need to go collect the six stones that come out from the inbox one at a time
                  My bad, I didn't consider that. I usually fuse between missions, so I don't have that problem. I really dislike that fused gemstones don't go to the stash when you fuse them there, though. Really annoying.

Originally posted by Lulero View Post
                  D: D: D: What have I stepped into.
                  I don't know, but I will not be lending you my pen now. Kidding, I don't think you stepped into anything. All is fine.

No prompt, just do not allow selling an item with gemstone. Grey the thing out when toggling sell mode.
                  That's an interesting idea too. Quite restrictive, but elegant in it's simplicity.

Except you'd skip the gold cost to un-equip the gemstone. Which now turns that never happening scenario into the thing to do when upgrading gear. And raises the issue of where the gemstone is sent at if sold from stash or equipped.
                  Very good point, I didn't think of that. Combined with buyback, you could even forgo all unsocket costs, forever. Simply subtracting the unsocket cost from the selling price or adding it to the crafting price would work fine most of the time, but if you sell a ~400g armor that has a brilliant socketed... I mean, I don't give a damn about losing 500g occasionally if it prevents me from accidently selling brilliant rubies, and it's the same final balance as unsocketing before selling anyway, but it just wouldn't feel right to have a negative selling price.
                  (more to follow)

Comment

Working...
                  X