Mage sucks wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mage sucks wtf

I was having no problems tearing through groups of mobs with my mage through normal and the trials, but as soon as I got to heroic he became practically useless and fragile. I struggled to get through the first few story missions, and now it's literally impossible for me to beat The Defiler because a hundred skeletons spawn practically immediately, Marcus dies, and then the skeleton giant elites go straight for me. Even with lvl 7 Endurance and Tough As Nails, I'm torn apart in seconds. I somehow managed to beat it once but the game bugged and the skeletons wouldn't stop spawning, so now I'm stuck with a practically useless lvl 51 (almost 52) mage. Grinding trials is monotonous and reminds me of the boredom of Rifts from Diablo 3, so I was looking forward to farming the story for at least a while, but it looks like all the time, gold and gems spent on my mage was a total freakin waste. Can some veteran player put me at ease, or does the mage just suck?

Go back to Canyon of Wispers / The broken Dragon on normal difficulty, make the lvl difference +10 and grind exp there.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I seriously have to grind levels just to be on par with the other classes? Or is the game just designed so you can't fight monsters the same level as you past normal?

Comment

When battling The Defiler bosses, start the battle and then run to just outside the entrance of the graveyard. It's a "little" easier. However, you still need to grind to build your level for better gear and stats.
        WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

Originally posted by hrimfisk View Post
          Thanks for the quick response. I seriously have to grind levels just to be on par with the other classes? Or is the game just designed so you can't fight monsters the same level as you past normal?
          I didn't start playing warrior/mage until I was around 210 CL, so I can't really compare your experience to mine with the BH (which back in April was rather squeashy). What I can tell you is that maybe you need to rethink your crowd-control strategy and skills selection.

Comment

Every class has trouble as soon as you try heroic, it's not a mage thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
              Every class has trouble as soon as you try heroic, it's not a mage thing.
              This. If you search for heroic, youll see lots of similar threads, with recommendations (most commonly to level up)
              VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I farmed The Broken Dragon and did some trials for gear until I hit 62, and then tried doing The Defiler on heroic and it was cake. Now I'm working on getting from 65 to 70 while keeping my gear up to par as I slowly go through heroic.

Originally posted by abc127 View Post

This. If you search for heroic, youll see lots of similar threads, with recommendations (most commonly to level up)
                I'm sorry I didn't think of searching for heroic in the forums first >.<

Comment

Working...
                X