Aug 3 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aug 3 update

I'm not exactly sure what prompted the change, but now that mobs disengage after a time is a PitA. I had a lot of tactics centered around pulling in a group. Gives me enough time to try the boss at the end. Granted there are a number of different techniques, but there seems to be an effort to Nerf quite a lot.

With trials, gear and abilities were locked. Why? Still not clear on this one but I accepted it. Then came the fix to prevent a change on death. This has effectively made it impossible for me to play The Warrior. There are people who cannot physically double tap to use the alternate attacks such as myself. Again granted we are in small numbers.

I very much enjoy the game because I'm the only one playing it. Who cares if someone has an advantage or not in one way or another? The challenge in the game comes individually. Some people are just better than others. But this is a game that you play individually.

I can see certain game balancing changes 4 games like MMOs, but some of the recent changes seemed almost punitive and have nothing to do with game balancing.

The increased difficulty just playing the game now is causing me to consider looking for other games to play.

I'm not a "gamer", I'm just someone who found a great game to play. Realistically speaking I think the majority of players are not gamers. How many players have reached 1000+ in trial levels? I just reached 315 in trial levels as my personal record.

Anyway, I guess I'm just venting. I'm sure the powers that be will either ignore this or reply with a canned response. Will anything change? Newp.

But that's my $.02.

What......update.....why no release notes from devs. I guess i caused another nerf....
    Led

The needer of Nerfs,
    The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
    HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
      What......update.....why no release notes from devs. I guess i caused another nerf....
      Release date: 03, August 2017
      • Heatseeker missiles now inflict the correct amount of damage.
      • Blizzard ability has received a damage buff and visual upgrade.
      • Combat text information has been condensed to make it more legible.
      • Monsters disengage from combat if they cannot attack the hero or aren't damaged for a while.
      • Removed stalls happening when approaching a group of monsters.
      • Minimap is now visible while in combat.

No big pulls?

Comment

1st they nerf my apprenrice set....then my lightning range.....now my ability to pull the full map, ill have to record a new record trial run just to show that you cant stop my mage,
        Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Mohin View Post
          Release date: 03, August 2017
          • Heatseeker missiles now inflict the correct amount of damage.
          • Blizzard ability has received a damage buff and visual upgrade.
          • Combat text information has been condensed to make it more legible.
          • Monsters disengage from combat if they cannot attack the hero or aren't damaged for a while.
          • Removed stalls happening when approaching a group of monsters.
          • Minimap is now visible while in combat.

No big pulls?

My update has the same things Mohin listed, except it does not list the last bulletin point. Instead it reads:
          • Increased the chance for weapons to roll values closer to max damage.
          • Updated the ad-delivery SDK.
          (Via in-game mail.)
          Cerberus
          SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

My update says
            - trial mobs hp doubled
            - mage range reduced
            Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

My update says
              - trial mobs hp doubled
              - mage range reduced
              Interesting that we each received different text.

I'm loving the static map - very helpful.
              The little "aggro" visual indicators on enemies is helpful too.
              The weapon roll damage increase is encouraging.

It would be great if Devastate didn't disengage you from active combat.
              Cerberus
              SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

Originally posted by heyjude1971 View Post

My update has the same things Mohin listed, except it does not list the last bulletin point. Instead it reads:
                • Increased the chance for weapons to roll values closer to max damage.
                • Updated the ad-delivery SDK.

(Via in-game mail.)
                I paste the info from WIKI not from game

Comment

That 'splains that difference anyway.

Companions seem rather "skittish" now. Sometimes they all run off in a random direction with little indicators over their heads, then they return after 20 steps or so.
                  They're not running toward enemies. It happens even when there are no enemies (on a 100% cleared map).
                  It seems as if they may be trying NOT to aggro mobs (even non-existent ones).
                  It hasn't affected my play in any way yet - they seem to stay put when fighting. So just FYI.
                  Cerberus
                  SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

Led can you check how the blizzard works now with your ability build It gives good damage and have a good cooldown. I wondering if it stuck in some way
                    Last edited by ; 08-03-2017, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Ill do testing later....i currently grinding cow like a demon trying to level.....my fingers are burning haha
                      Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Led, are you finding that CoW is quicker XP than TBD? I see you mention CoW quite a bit more than TBD for grinding CL.

Comment

Led can answer for himself, but I keep revisiting his comment here:
                          Originally posted by Led
                          Warrior best for CoW and Keys. Mage king of severed. I went from cl 200 to 500 just running severed and by the end i had a sick xp apprentice set.

The harder the difficulty the better rewards. The reason you do it is for fast gemstones and xp. You get set items...apprentice set.....from margoth.
                          Practice makes perfect.....and you will get alot of practice.....when i say 5000 times i mean it...thats how many times i have run it on legendary on my mage....and a few thousand on the other difficulties..i know some people ran over 10000 times...embrace the grind or find a new game.
                          Cerberus
                          SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

TBD is faster but requires more focus. I do both but normally run CoW as i dont have to think and can split my attention like watch tv or read forums while my offhand taps the screen
                            Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

My update says
                              - trial mobs hp doubled
                              - mage range reduced
                              This is a joke, right?

Comment