Trials in 1.2.59: feedback from an average player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trials in 1.2.59: feedback from an average player

Here’s my two cents regarding the trials in 1.2.59. I consider myself an average player. I play about 1 hour a day. Only one of my rings is crafted with gems, and it’s far from perfect. I don’t have full legendary gear sets for all classes. I’m at CL 402.

Balance between classes: Good
    My mage, warrior and BH have all struggled at the same points during the Trials. First around Trial 35 when the boss effects kicked in. My skill improved with a little practice, and I was able to move quickly up to the low 50s. Here the bosses started to one shot me much more. However, after some more practice, my skill improved again. Now all three chars are in the mid/high 60s. I find the balance between classes to be good. The main hinder for moving through the trials up toward 70 has been my own skill, not my class or gear.

Balance with respect to Trial level: Good
    The devs stated that they expected very few players to get past Trail 100. The leaderboards support this. As a player with mediocre skills and mediocre gear, my BH has reached Trial 68. If the scale is 1 to 100, then reaching 68 feels appropriate for a player like me. Moreover, Trial 68 is the first level where time has become the problem. I am not dying; I am just not able to kill Elban fast enough. I need about 10:30 to do it. I assume I can squeeze a few more levels by improving my skill. However, I seem to be near the max level for my current build. I think I will need better jewelry and/or gear to get much past level 70. This feels about right imo.

Trial rewards
    Improved XP: great
    I no longer “need” both XP gear and Trial gear. Trials give good XP no matter what I am wearing. Trial 68 yields about 1 CL per run. Trial 50 yields about 1 CL per 3 runs. The higher XP, and other rewards, make beating higher trials both fun and motivating.

Improved Gemstone drops: good
    The quantity of stones seems good. However, having a slight chance at better stones dropping would be welcome. Having a Brilliant drop once or twice a month imo would heighten the fun factor. Perhaps a scaling system for the quality of gemstone drops could be considered.

Gear drops: still need tweaking
    The quality, quantity and scaling system for gear drops all seem good on their own. However, the lack of inventory space makes gear management a nightmare. There just is not enough space to collect all the various set items/build variations. The major point of this type of game is collecting better gear. Thus, it is frustrating not to be able to actually collect stuff. Having enough space for at least one of each set piece would be a nice start. If there is a technical reason for lack of space, then I would suggest improving drop rates significantly. Thus, if set items dropped more often, then it would be more reasonable to trash items not in use since they would be easier to replace. Getting set items with great stats would still require serious effort.

Overall:
    I am having more fun playing now than before. Keep up the good work

I don't consider CL 402 an "average player"! I've been playing ~ 2 hours a day for months and I'm only at CL 270. Now, that is what I call average! I don't have 1.2.59, yet, but the info is great (if it ever gets released to open beta or gold version). Thanks!
    WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

Originally posted by Xusia View Post
      I don't consider CL 402 an "average player"! I've been playing ~ 2 hours a day for months and I'm only at CL 270. Now, that is what I call average! I don't have 1.2.59, yet, but the info is great (if it ever gets released to open beta or gold version). Thanks!
      In the beta the champion levels fly by so 402 cl is considered average.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
        Yeah, they do fly by! That's probably my favorite change in the beta.

My point about being «average» is that l do not have the skill, gear or gemstones that the top players have. Ive been playing for 2 months. I thought some feedback from a typical, thus average, player might be of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
          really? Is it noticeably quicker than normal?

Comment

Originally posted by DariusStryke View Post
            really? Is it noticeably quicker than normal?
            Notice I said the word fly... I used to get 1cl every couple weeks, now I get 1cl every 3 minutes.

Comment

Regarding CL 400. That’s where I currently am and it’s all time logged pre-59. Lots of time. So I’m only playing for daily gems right now. Sure would be nice to see an iOS update.

Comment

Working...
              X