How to incorporate story maps into trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to incorporate story maps into trials

Story maps probably took a long time to craft. It is a shame that no one plays them after hitting lvl70. Especially with the buff to trial exp and gear drops, I foresee even less playtime spent on story maps.

I propose the following:
    when you switch to trials, you have a toggle to either do trials for leaderboard or not. When you are doing trials for entries onto the leaderboard competition, it will work as it currently does. Randomly generated maps with the preset boss at the end etc. with one change. The xp gained will be 1/4 of the current exp given. Since ppl are not grinding xp when jockeying for leaderboard positions, this isn't a big loss (no one is running in their xp gear when attempting the highest trial levels).

If the person is doing the trial not for leaderboard entries, then the map used is a random selection of a preset collection of story maps (some story maps don't lend themselves for xp grinding also I'm guessing you want a certain map length so that you don't get ppl repeatedly abandon maps in order to find those short maps for quick boss kills). The mobs will be properly scaled as they are in the current trial setup. Also a boss will be placed at the end. These trials will be giving the full exp. so ppl can grind xp on story maps. Reusing some of the gorgeous game resources that is currently going to waste.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

I like this besides for the idea of trial maps getting less xp

Comment

Reason trial maps need to give less xp is that otherwise ppl will just keep grinding trial maps since it's easier to pull multiple packs and are more efficient for grinding levels (higher mob density than story maps).
      GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
        I like this besides for the idea of trial maps getting less xp
        +1
        WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

Hey, I still play story maps, I want all the stars!
          ~Virtus, non copia vincit et tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito~

~GUWU MOCU SUZO 4817 ~

Comment

Working...
          X