Gem Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gem Costs

Probably is a thread somewhere addressing this, apologies for the duplication if this is the case.

- The Gem cost for reforging legendary gear is extortionately high. Granted I'm not at the stage where I have a stash of gems, but if you are there, reforging is not that much of a priority anyway. I feel the bite the most here, especially now that boosts are around there are other gem sinks and not enough gold sinks. I'd rather gold be used for this purpose.
    - Gem cost to choose a stat when crafting jewellery and ending up with the same low stat jewellery you get with the random gold crafted jewellery. I'd keep the gem cost, but would like a guarantee that I am getting the highest (or close to) stat on gem crafted jewellery.
    - Gem cost to delete characters - 50 gems as well. The cost to add a character, I understand that - but why a cost to delete as well?

For the last point, it is to reduce the incentive of creating a new hero, getting all the stars in Normal (for the gems), then deleting and starting again. Also, if you've created a new hero and leveled to level 9, you get 20 gems a day for completing the daily quests. The cost of deleting a hero is only 2.5 days worth of daily quests.

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
      For the last point, it is to reduce the incentive of creating a new hero, getting all the stars in Normal (for the gems), then deleting and starting again. Also, if you've created a new hero and leveled to level 9, you get 20 gems a day for completing the daily quests. The cost of deleting a hero is only 2.5 days worth of daily quests.
      Partially agree with this, having to budget 50 gems where the gem costs for everything else are so high is an annoyance, it doesn't break everything. Maybe even a delete character for free for the first 3 weeks or something would be ok.

Comment

1.yep.could be less. Better strategy is not to reforge unless it really matters.

2. Nope. That would be pay to win. Just wash, rinse, repeat.
        VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

One MAJOR factor that any game needs is "Replayability". Personally I love the early game and could easily replay it a hundred times over. Every effort should be made to encourage players to do this. Delete character, play through all the way through the maps. Delete, rince repeat. How on earth can that be construed as pay to win?
          RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Reforge is meant for gear with 3 close to perf (useful) stats and a 4th lower or unwanted one. If you reforge every single legendary you cross with, no wonder it hurts your gem stash so badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldet View Post
              One MAJOR factor that any game needs is "Replayability". Personally I love the early game and could easily replay it a hundred times over. Every effort should be made to encourage players to do this. Delete character, play through all the way through the maps. Delete, rince repeat. How on earth can that be construed as pay to win?
              Thanks, this is what I was going for. + You've already spend a few thousand gems to open up those slots as well.

Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
              Reforge is meant for gear with 3 close to perf (useful) stats and a 4th lower or unwanted one. If you reforge every single legendary you cross with, no wonder it hurts your gem stash so badly.
              That's a given, but you don't get the stat you want the first try. I've spent hundreds of gems rerolling for something decent. Guess its not a lot when you have a large stash, but it is annoying waiting a few days to reroll a few more times.

Originally posted by abc127 View Post
              2. Nope. That would be pay to win. Just wash, rinse, repeat.
              I guess, but the 8 gem cost for a chosen stat is a wasted option. This needs rethinking, or in the least needs to be a gold spend option for the same result rather than gems which are more hard to come by.
              Last edited by DariusStryke; 11-01-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldet View Post
                I'm a little confused; who claimed that replaying over and over is pay to win? I didn't say that and I don't see anyone else saying it either.

What I said is that before there was a cost to delete a character, people were farming Normal runs for the gems you get for your first five plays through each map. As I understand it, at that time gems didn't drop from monsters and the rewards for completing the areas was higher. To disincentivise this, a cost was added for deleting characters and the gem rewards were nerfed. Unfortunately some people exploiting the system caused a disruption for more innocent replaying. (Note I was not around at this time, I've just seen this mentioned before by others).

Comment

Working...
                X