Extra mobs in trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra mobs in trials

Is there any good reason anymore for the extra trash mobs to not despawn when the boss spawns? Previously they would still drop items, but that isn't the case anymore.

Yes! Part of the skill involved is cleaning up a safe place where you can deal with the Boss. If you ignore that part you will certainly be faced with the situation where you need to deal with both the Boss and extra mobs. I believe this is a GOOD thing.
    RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Yes, I think they should even despawn all the enemies in the map, not just the ones you see, since now the bosses involve much now moving. Dealing with the trash mobs and the boss at the same time is usually what kills me.

Comment

I'm with Humus on this one. Vs. e.g. Magroth, in certain maps, finding a "safe place" is impossible to plan for. Within the timer, at least.

Comment

Running away from a mob area with the boss, especially TBD who just wants to stay put knocks off a good few seconds which can be the diff between winning/failing a trial

Comment

it also makes the whole thing luck-dependant on the type of mob you run into. A normal pack you might live with the slight temporary DPS loss, an elite pack (certain elites at least) it's GG.

Comment

Sigh. I constantly see people bitching that the bosses are boring because they are too predictable as well as those of us that like the new Boss mechanics. But seriously I do like the fact that I have to plan for the moment when the Boss will appear. I'm constantly aware of my "green bar" (for when the Boss will appear), the timer ( to be sure I will have sufficient time to kill the Boss left) and the areas to where I will need to evade the Boss.
              if the game auto removes all the mobs when the Boss arrives the global awareness and skill in selecting my battleground simply become redundant.
              RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

When I'm pushing the upper limit of the trials I can clear, I even plan to pop the boss near the starting location. I'll leave one or two groups alive, then when the boss is about to appear I'll run back to the group's I left and finish the green bar. When the boss pops he does remove mobs in the near vicinity so there usually aren't leftovers. This way if he kills me I don't have to run to the far side of the area to get back to him. It also let's me have a little more control of where TBD loads, if needed.

This won't help in the ultra high levels where if you die even once you won't have time to finish the boss again, but it works for me where I am.

Comment

It is much more annoying running trials, clearing the whole map just to find out there wasn't enough mobs and you'll never see the boss.

Comment

Working...
                  X