• Show
Clear All

Endar is the best, is it intentional?

if not, how about enhance the others?

Marcus: + 250 Armor → + 2000 Armor

Xagan: Delete the ridiculous arcane blast

Maggie: silence → Gorgona's bubble
    For Gold And Glory

I dot not believe that it is intentional and I believe that they intend to update the companions at some point. Right now the only use of them is the Aura in which Endar's in the best for DPS ergo wins.

I'd like to see some tweaks to the companions sooner rather than later but I imagine it isn't "easy"

Below are the 4 classes of companions and how I would like them to change:

Tanks - Marcus/Norgrim.
    Active - Charge - Charge forward damaging and stunning enemies. It currently "taunts" the targets to attack the Tank. I'd like this changed to be: Nearby Allies gain X Critical Rating for Y seconds. This ties in with the Warrior's Charge which grants the Warrior 200 Critical Rating.
    Passive - Endurqance
    Auto-Cast - Thunder Clap - Like it as is.
    Auto-Cast - Defeating Shout - Remove the "taunt"
    Aura - Armour - Like it but needs buffing.

Healers - Eileen/Maggie
    I personally like the designs but think that the Aura kind of sucks. Life Regen blows in my opinion, it's basically a useless stat. I'd love to see this changed to a Vitality Aura. Outside of this doing it so that one of the auto-casts gives a small amount of power to the target and/or adding damage to the active.

Rangers - Robin/Endar
    These are balanced, it's the other companions being weak for why they aren't used. Do NOT change.

Mages - Xagan.
    Never used him, don't own him - I have no idea. Sorry XD

Basically give all of the companions something which gives a minor buff to damage so it's not just Ranger or bust.
    Last edited by Ashnu; 11-13-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 123Klutz View Post
      if not, how about enhance the others?

Marcus: + 250 Armor → + 2000 Armor

Xagan: Delete the ridiculous arcane blast

Maggie: silence → Gorgona's bubble
      Isnt' Marcus +5% Armor rather than 250 fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

Isnt' Marcus +5% Armor rather than 250 fixed?
        oh...I don't know this...but it's still too weak. Let's say a warrior has 10000 armor, +5% = 500 = 2.5 Diamonds, while Endar = Xagan = 2.x relevant gemstones, seems fair, but who would use diamonds? (shield is an exception)
        For Gold And Glory

Comment

Originally posted by Ashnu View Post
          I dot not believe that it is intentional and I believe that they intend to update the companions at some point. Right now the only use of them is the Aura in which Endar's in the best for DPS ergo wins.

I'd like to see some tweaks to the companions sooner rather than later but I imagine it isn't "easy"

Below are the 4 classes of companions and how I would like them to change:

Tanks - Marcus/Norgrim.
          Active - Charge - Charge forward damaging and stunning enemies. It currently "taunts" the targets to attack the Tank. I'd like this changed to be: Nearby Allies gain X Critical Rating for Y seconds. This ties in with the Warrior's Charge which grants the Warrior 200 Critical Rating.
          Passive - Endurqance
          Auto-Cast - Thunder Clap - Like it as is.
          Auto-Cast - Defeating Shout - Remove the "taunt"
          Aura - Armour - Like it but needs buffing.

Healers - Eileen/Maggie
          I personally like the designs but think that the Aura kind of sucks. Life Regen blows in my opinion, it's basically a useless stat. I'd love to see this changed to a Vitality Aura. Outside of this doing it so that one of the auto-casts gives a small amount of power to the target and/or adding damage to the active.

Rangers - Robin/Endar
          These are balanced, it's the other companions being weak for why they aren't used. Do NOT change.

Mages - Xagan.

Basically give all of the companions something which gives a minor buff to damage so it's not just Ranger or bust.
          I really appreciate your suggestions and your optimism regarding changes to the mechanics of the companions. But I think that changes are not likely to happen in the (near) future.
          I have been playing this game since late 2014 and those companions have not significantly changed throughout the years so far. The only thing I noticed is that - at some point - the minions received a little higher basic dodge/evade chance against enemy skills.

I think companions possess great potential in this game which is unfortunately unnoticed by the devs.
          Despite the fact that they are massively underpowered, they are far away from receiving a buff.
          Actually, they were recently nerfed even further to the ground by making all their active and passive skills remain unaffected by the cooldown reducing effect of the hero’s ‘ability rate’ value.

Currently, the minions are neither strong and intelligent nor possess much of a strategic relevance for the fight (maybe except the ‘disengage’ of the archer for huge enemy mobs). They are more like disabled and fragile followers (think of Xagan’s walking stick…) that accidentally pull aggro from enemy groups in trials, die very often and deal infinitesimal low damage.
          And pray to god that your minions are (and stay) far away from the AOE (only by pure chance, of course) when an elite mob or a boss casts a spell….

NUCE SONI HUCU 7612

Comment

Originally posted by Ashnu View Post
            Mages - Xagan.
            Xagan is very useful, probably more useful than Endar...............when he doesn't use arcane blast

For Gold And Glory

Comment

Originally posted by 123Klutz View Post

Xagan is very useful, probably more useful than Endar...............when he doesn't use arcane blast
              The nice thing about Xagan is he gives an additional 4% cool-down speed. The arcane blast? Seems to be the village idiot when it comes to his deploying it. Lots of times wished he had activated it and it wasn't.

Comment

The usefuness of companions used to be because of skills rather than auras. But with the fixed CDs that's been taken away. But if we look at those auras, imbalances become quite obvious:
                Xagan 100 AR(maximum on gear: 90, 50 AR/Amethyst)
                Eileen/Maggie 150 Regeneration(maximum on gear: 72, no sockets)
                Marcus/Norgrim: 312 Armor(maximum on gear: 180, 200 Armor/Diamond) (tested with BH, could be different for Warrior and Mage)
                Robin/Endar: 10% Attack Speed

Robin's/Endar's aura is a flat 10% bonus to the Attack Speed from Haste. Comparing it to the other auras:
                Xagan: AR and Haste can be directly swapped on gear(for example with sockets). The break even point for 100 Haste and 10% AS bonus is ~400(~2.7 AS), which means below 400 Haste Xagan is a better minion to get AR while getting AS from gear. Past that the Endar/Robin boost becomes increasingly stronger, at 2000 Haste(5 AS) Robin/Endar are worth an additional 1000 Haste.
                Marcus'/Norgrim's Armor isn't better, but even worse - worth less than 2 socketed Diamonds.
                Eileen's/Maggie's Life Regeneration is stronger than the one you can obtain from gear, but running Robin and 2 pieces with LR instead of her becomes better at ~800 Haste.

And that's not even considering how LR and Armor are generally weak for all classes.

They need to drastically increase the auras or even better change their effect. And those shouldn't just effect ratings, but the resulting stat like for example a 5% CD reduction for Xagan, 5% Health increase for Eileen/Maggie and 2% less damage taken for Marcus/Norgrim.
                MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
                  Marcus/Norgrim: 312 Armor(maximum on gear: 180, 200 Armor/Diamond)
                  They give a percentage also, not a specific number, iirc its 5%

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                    They give a percentage also, not a specific number, iirc its 5%
                    Well, I tested by removing gear and Marcus, was 312 Armor all the time. Regardless, that minion is bad.
                    MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

Working...
                    X