SUGGESTION: "minus 1" buttons on CL screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUGGESTION: "minus 1" buttons on CL screens

I'd like to be able to tweak my assignment of CL points a little bit without having having to reset back to zero and start over.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

+1 Uhhh -1 I concur!

Comment

+1. Unironicly

Comment

+1 to this -1 suggestion D'OH!!

Comment

+1
          WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

Or UNDO button =) Agreed.
            NANO JENE RAYU 8321

Comment

+1

Comment

+1, but, leave the +10 please. So ideally +10 / +1 / -1 / -10. Or just sliders.

Comment

Or just let us type a number...

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
                    +1, but, leave the +10 please. So ideally +10 / +1 / -1 / -10. Or just sliders.
                    Not a big fan of sliders. Have you ever tried hitting a specific value between for example 0 and 1000(=CL 1450) on a small touchscreen slider?
                    The +10/+1/-1/-10 also is problematic. It may work for small numbers, but a lot of people are at level 1500+ now. Imagine shifting 500 CP between Haste and Power(e.g. changing jewelry and losing/gaining Haste and making up for it with CP), which would take 100 clicks(50 for removing and 100 for reassigning). That amount of clicks would also get 1000 CP distributed by the current method. Honestly I would rather have a +100 button instead of -1 and -10.

MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post

Not a big fan of sliders. Have you ever tried hitting a specific value between for example 0 and 1000(=CL 1450) on a small touchscreen slider?
                      The +10/+1/-1/-10 also is problematic. It may work for small numbers, but a lot of people are at level 1500+ now. Imagine shifting 500 CP between Haste and Power(e.g. changing jewelry and losing/gaining Haste and making up for it with CP), which would take 100 clicks(50 for removing and 100 for reassigning). That amount of clicks would also get 1000 CP distributed by the current method. Honestly I would rather have a +100 button instead of -1 and -10.
                      Fair enough. So +100 (or +10), +1, -1, and Reset. Which is basically the present interface with an extra -1 button for the situation where you want to move just a few points around (the 500 points shuffle extreme example would be handled via Reset).

Comment

I agree: no slider.

Leave the reset button, and the +1 / +10. Then add the minus button(s). No one loses and those that want to tweak, gain.
                        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Fair enough. So +100 (or +10), +1, -1, and Reset. Which is basically the present interface with an extra -1 button for the situation where you want to move just a few points around (the 500 points shuffle extreme example would be handled via Reset).
                          I never had the situation where I thought "really need a -1 button". Switching gear and the like usually results in redistribution of CP between 20(=2 Power/Haste) and 36(=90 Power/Haste stat on gear). I wouldn't even consider the small stuff like reallocating 1 point of Power to Haste or vice versa. Might as well just level up and put that point where I need it.
                          MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post

I never had the situation where I thought "really need a -1 button". Switching gear and the like usually results in redistribution of CP between 20(=2 Power/Haste) and 36(=90 Power/Haste stat on gear). I wouldn't even consider the small stuff like reallocating 1 point of Power to Haste or vice versa. Might as well just level up and put that point where I need it.
                            "Pro tip": a -1 button can be clicked more than 1x...

I wholeheartedly agree one wouldn't reallocate just 1 point. However, since massive reallocation with - and + buttons would be (by your own example) about even in clicks/taps with Reset reallocation, I think a -1 makes more sense than a -10 for more minute adjustments. Not of 1 point, but with the granularity of 1 point.

And yes, I'm not losing sleep over the current interface either. And not because I have 120 less points to reallocate than you do.

Comment

+100, +10, +1.

For those of us in the mid 100's for CL, when we're doing split sta (say 40 AR and 30 MS), having to do 70 clicks is just no.

100, 10, 1, -1 :-)
                              Last edited by Rytrik; 01-09-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X