Accessibility and Colour: Designing for Colour Blind Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessibility and Colour: Designing for Colour Blind Users

Many games and services have "Accessibility Options" for color blind users. It is a hard game to play at times when "Battle Rage" and some enemy attacks are in the same color (Red I think). I am think of Magroth's meteor shower. How about making villain color signals one shade and the users another? Red for bad guy, blue for good guy?

Thanks for your consideration....
    BIXO SIZE KEGA 6756

I turn on color correction under accessibility in settings. There are 3 color correction options in there.

Comment

Ive tried enabling color correction but I still have some issues. My biggest one is that I have a hard time differentiating between the Amethyst and Sapphire, and Ruby and Emerald sometimes. This is troublesome every time I go to my stash to deposit gemstones and try to match the correct ones. Most of the times I mismatch the gemstones so I just end up rearranging them for a while until I've managed to matched them correctly. It would be helpful if each type of gemstone had a unique symbol in the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by LucasTwoson View Post
        Ive tried enabling color correction but I still have some issues. My biggest one is that I have a hard time differentiating between the Amethyst and Sapphire, and Ruby and Emerald sometimes. This is troublesome every time I go to my stash to deposit gemstones and try to match the correct ones. Most of the times I mismatch the gemstones so I just end up rearranging them for a while until I've managed to matched them correctly. It would be helpful if each type of gemstone had a unique symbol in the corner.
        As a solution to that particular aspect (not the others in the OP), if you double-tap/double-click a gemstone in your inventory it will automatically go to the correct stack in your stash (if you are browsing the stash page that has your gemstone stacks).

Comment

In a similar vein, the secret to beating the bosses is to move at the proper time, but too often the symbol that the boss is charging a special move is lost in everything that is going on. So when playing a mage I have problems seeing the arrow indicating Magroth is about to charge or the broken dragon is about to breath because it is covered up by the graphic for immolate.

Comment

Originally posted by LucasTwoson View Post
            The double click/tap works great as mentioned earlier. Try all the color correction options.

Comment

Originally posted by Skizzity View Post

The double click/tap works great as mentioned earlier. Try all the color correction options.
              Thanks a ton, Skizzity ! Though I have just one option (Deuteranomaly) on my phone, it solved many an issue with my smartphone usage over years....! God bless

Comment

Working...
              X