Suggestion: Skill runes for future build development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: Skill runes for future build development

I appreciate the simplicity this game brings. But we can always add more depth to create more diversity and allow players to really experiment and come up with more unique play styles/builds.
    To this end, like to borrow the D3 skill rune system as a way to further customize skills to fit each player's own taste.
    Since I'm a shield warrior player through and through, I will just use the shield block skill, cleave skill, frenzy skill as examples

Shield Block
    Base skill: +2400 block rating, 7 sec duration, trigger DT every 6 secs
    Life Giver rune: 25% chance to gain 700 life on blocks
    Boomerang rune: trigger DT every 4 secs
    My Shield, My Fortress rune: +extra 1200 block rating
    All Day rune: +2sec to skill duration

Cleave
    Base attack: 275% damage to enemy in front of you in a sweeping lane
    Vortex rune: draws enemy to the edge of your sword (similar pulling effect like ww)
    Taunt rune: -20% to enemy damage but increase mob attack speed by 10%
    Spinning attack rune: attack range is now a circle around the player instead of half circle in front, 225% damage

Frenzy
    Base attack: 550% damage to single target
    Bloodletting rune: 400% weapon damage over 5 secs of DoT
    Dancing blade rune: 25% chance of 2x attack, 5% attack speed boost over 5 secs stackable by 5
    Life Leech rune: add 500 Loh for 5 secs, stackable 2x

So player can choose one active rune to modify the skill to fit their build. Set bonuses can make multiple runes active for a given skill. For example (my wet dream), Defender 6 piece set bonus is: all runes are active for Shield Block

I think this will really open up the skill tree and make each character almost unique (ok at least more diverse than today's choices).

Idea is that the base skill gives some damage or some buff, the runes modify or enhance the skill effects to make them almost like new skills. Heck maybe even make the runes craftable so we can craft the runes we want and socket them instead of the gemstones today. (no duplicate runes of course).

to all the BH and mage players.. how would you like to enhance/modify your current favorite skills/spells?
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Or you can save them the trouble and just play Diablo 3.

Comment

Or maybe we shouldn't copy D3 that much.
      I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
      Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Let’s not let the “not invented here” disease cloud our thinking here. Who cares where you borrowed the feature from as long as it improves the product.

Anythting that adds depth and layers to the skill list (not even a tree right now) is a plus. Just my opinion.
        GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
        X