Blade fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade fury

Blade fury is now the ugly stepchild. It is accepted that triggering blade fury decreases actual dps especially for higher lvl players. Here is my suggestion to make blade fury actually useful and not too much of a hassle to use.
    1) make it automatic but with a toggle. Normally when the blade fury icon appears on the right, you click or tap it to activate the 6 attack sequence. This is a hassle to actually use especially for mobile users and often lead to death due to unwanted movement with misclicking.
    I suggest that when the icOn first appears, you tap it to make blade fury automatic going forward. Then tap again to turn off the automatic triggering of blade fury.

2) the description says powerful attacks but blade fury individual strikes feel weak. Since it seems to imply just a pure damage output skill, how about a flat 500% weapon damage attack per attack for 6 attacks. It will of course trigger alacrity like a normal attack for each strike as well as LoH. Remove the time dilation effect which is actually a detriment in actual dps output, a main reason why high lvl players don’t use it. Next since it is meant to be very fast hitting, basically make its attack sequence at the highest possible attack speed by granting those 6 attacks a 5000 haste value.

With above changes, blade fury becomes a useful and dps enhancing single target attack.

Havent done the math, but the above blade fury should be on par with frenzy for single target dps and enhance the alacrity triggering thus make it slightly more appealing as one can spam more spells/skills. An always useful effect. Most importantly it no longer is a hassle to use for mobile players.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Remove the time dilation effect
    no, don't do this please
    For Gold And Glory

Comment

What is it about time dilation that you like with blade fury? It seems to hurt more than it helps especially considering it doesn’t slow down the trial timer.
      GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
        What is it about time dilation that you like with blade fury? It seems to hurt more than it helps especially considering it doesn’t slow down the trial timer.
        I have the feeling you are overlooking the core aspect of Blade Flurry: it is an awesome Recovery resource. While active, you get a pretty decent amount of HP, as each attack triggers LoH. At the same time, you have to sustain significantly less damage, as the enemies are acting at a lower pace than yours.

Comment

-1 (yes MINUS 1) to both these suggestions.

Flurry's attacks *could* be made more powerful to match the description (they were once more powerful than e.g. Frenzy, but since that got buffed they fell behind), but the effect of the skill is *quite fine* for what it does - which is what hades says. You trade a brief DPS loss for a "breath" of life and cooldowns recovery.

The only aspects that *needs* changing about Flurry is the way it is activated.

I will grant that Flurry *could* be changed into some other, "autoproc-desirable", effect - plenty of examples come to mind. But that is one thing, and the skill's present form and function is another.

Comment

Ok, so blade flurry is actually a panic button that heals you and get you out of trouble. I get its purpose for certain players. But right now it is quite worthless for rest of us.
            Time dilation is a sticking point. It has to go for the attack to be useful on a more permanent basis instead of one off. Would the below comprise prove to be satisfactory to everyone concerned?

same triggering mechanism as I suggested before. Toggle able auto proc.
            No time dilation animation.
            5000 haste value on the blade flurry attacks to match the current fast attack paradigm.
            LoH is doubled during the 6 attack sequence. If the purpose is to gain some health recovery, a doubling of LoH during that 6 attack sequence is at least as good as what it currently does with the time dilation.
            Also if the current target is killed during the sequence, character will auto attack a nearby target without becoming standing still.
            Will the above satisfy everyone?

i did a rough calculation. Triggering blade flurry will still represent an actual dps loss vs frenzy for a high attack player. Dw especially. But the gain in LoH compensates some of that.

Dw 10 attack/sec (achivable with robin minions)
            frenzy
            this equals 12.5 attacks/sec at 590% =7375% plus other frenzy benefits.
            Blade flurry at 5000 haste probably means 11attacks per sec
            11 at 500% = 5500% plus additional LoH.

Shield 7 attack/sec
            frenzy
            8.75 attacks per sec at 590% = 5162.5% plus other benefits
            flurry is likely at 8 attacks= 4000% plus higher Loh.

So this becomes a **** I need more recovery to get out of jail skill and you compensate by doing less dps. But also offers a slightly higher alacrity trigger.

Will the above be good enough for everyone?
            GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
            X