Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow Mages to blink over obstacles

Just what the topic says.

If i can throw a blizzard at a random part of the screen with no LoS, surely I can blink to a random part of the screen.

We're already dealing with a world of demons & magic, so let's not add the real world physics argument of 'They might blink into a solid object'. We're dealing with a powerful mage here. To show that they must be powerful to do this, perhaps only add this capability at L7 or L8 Blink, so that it doesn't trivialize the game for new players.

That sounds good.

Comment

Agree...when first got the ability I died assuming I could actually
      Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
      Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
      see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
      and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
      It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

I agree with this suggestion!!

Yes, things don't always make sense in this magical world of Eternium. Somehow bounty hunters can resurrect minions with a Smoke Screen?

A high-level Blink could increase in distance as well ... With level 10 being anywhere visible.
        Last edited by Coda; 01-25-2018, 05:08 PM.
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

I'd be happy enough if my mage could Blink over teeny tiny rocks that are impossible to see considering all mage fights with a full apprentice set are directed by Michael Bay.
          LOHE TIHI BEZU 0619

Comment

Originally posted by Purplexity View Post
            I'd be happy enough if my mage could Blink over teeny tiny rocks that are impossible to see considering all mage fights with a full apprentice set are directed by Michael Bay.
            See also this rant
            VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Purplexity View Post
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5KQQWlIgGc

Comment

Started watching, thought "this is really subtle and well don...THERE WE GO!" Loved it
                LOHE TIHI BEZU 0619

Comment

I always click the mini map to try run distances...

Comment

made my day, thx
                    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Hmm, if this happened, would it not massively trivialize maps like elban's lair / the maze one a few levels earlier etc? Could just blink two or three times and be at the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Automaton539 View Post
                        Hmm, if this happened, would it not massively trivialize maps like elban's lair / the maze one a few levels earlier etc? Could just blink two or three times and be at the boss.
                        Again, this is why I said "Blink Level 7 or 8+" in the OP, so new mages wouldn't have non-LoS Blink immediately (unless they put ALL their upgrade time to Blink... and why? Just so every 15 seconds they can blink through an obstacle? Unless they're using multiple upgrade slots, getting Blink L7+ so soon is a huge DPS loss). Also, it trivializes those levels no less than Warrior Leap (please don't nerf Leap, Devs <3), or just having high level trial gear. With high level trial gear, Elban's Lair and that maze are snoozefests.

Also, unless you're playing on a large PC screen, there's a finite distance you can see to blink to. Smartphones flip sideways for Eternium, so the X axis is the most visually viewable axis. Furthermore, Elban's Lair is built on a Y axis, but you mostly travel the X axis to reach Elban. There isn't a lot of viewable Y distance at any 1 time to blink along. Which makes non-LoS Blink not special in that level or in the maze. If you have level 7+ Blink, both levels hold no value.
                        Last edited by Rytrik; 02-02-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X