Gold vs Gems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold vs Gems

I feel collecting gold is virtually pointless in this game, don't get me wrong I love the game and have gone through normal, heroic and legendary levels.
    But the only items you can buy with gold are only ho-hum gear good for the beginning levels. All the better stuff requires gems, which is fine but would be better if there were some way to trade gold for gems. I'm always in need of gems yet have a surplus of nearly 3 million gold. Now I understand it shouldn't be a 1 for 1 trade but maybe 100 gold for a gem? Perhaps the items for sale that require gems could have a gold value also like something that cost 150 gems could be 15000 gold or something similar. Just a thought to make an already great game better.

Thanks for a great game!!!

Got a little over 20,000,000 gold here and you are right.

Comment

lmao, 100gold per gem??? are you out of your mind?
      maybe 10 000gold per gem would make more sense lmao

Comment

when crafting perfect jewelry, you'll realize gold suddenly has a use
        22nd September 2017

Comment

Was thinking 100,000 - 200,000 gold per brilliant jewel. For gems? 500,000 for 10 and only sold in quantities of 10. Managing gold would then become part of the game and players would seek out means of maximizing gold on the levels.

Comment

I don't think I've played any freemium game where you could trade something for IAP.

On the other hand, an interesting gold sink would be a nice addition to this game.
            VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by DawgBisquet View Post
              Was thinking 100,000 - 200,000 gold per brilliant jewel. For gems? 500,000 for 10 and only sold in quantities of 10. Managing gold would then become part of the game and players would seek out means of maximizing gold on the levels.
              But you can spend 1 minute watching ads and get 10 gems. You're saying that 500,000 gold is worth 1 minute of your time?

Comment

Just thought I might expand on the idea above about exchanging gold for gemstones. Not IAP gems but the gemstones you put in sockets.

It​​​​ would be interesting to do the the math about how how many runs of TBD or SM or how much in game playing time it takes to collect certain number of rough gemstone equivalents. And then compare that same number of runs or same time for how much gold is collected as well.

You cannot boost the collection of gemstones except by purchasing the booster in the store, where as you can collect gear or reforge it to have extra gold as a stat. And you can also craft jewelry with extra gold as a stat. In other words, this devalues gold with respect to gemstones.

Nevertheless, if you had those comparisons in front of you then it would be a simple math exercise to determine their equivalents. At that point you could set up an exchange that would be purposefully designed to be inefficient but possible. Kind of similar to a real life money exchange where they charge a commission and the exchange rate might not be that great.

With a proper facts, then the devs might listen to this kind of suggestion.

P.S. they would have to discontinued awarding gold in The Gauntlet. That particular level allows you to collect gold easily with little human intervention. That further devalues gold unless they disable the reward of it in this level.
                Last edited by Coda; 12-06-2017, 05:54 AM.
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

But you can spend 1 minute watching ads and get 10 gems. You're saying that 500,000 gold is worth 1 minute of your time?
                  The number of ads may change. The newest beta has a few, but not nearly as many as before. Seemed like nearly every other encounter dropped an ad. Managed to pick up close to 100 gems via the ads, but that was a couple days ago. Today? Maybe 25.
                  Not true with newest beta. Also ads are spotty. Got 500,000 gold and need a few gems? Always available. Don't know, but it was a suggestion. I think the 100K-200K for a brilliant jewel is worth it. How long does it take to amass 100K of gold? How long does farming take to get 1 brilliant jewel?

Haggling over this gives the developers both sides so if they decide to implement this, they have an idea of what people want.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgBisquet View Post

The number of ads may change. The newest beta has a few, but not nearly as many as before. Seemed like nearly every other encounter dropped an ad. Managed to pick up close to 100 gems via the ads, but that was a couple days ago. Today? Maybe 25.
                    Not true with newest beta. Also ads are spotty. Got 500,000 gold and need a few gems? Always available. Don't know, but it was a suggestion. I think the 100K-200K for a brilliant jewel is worth it. How long does it take to amass 100K of gold? How long does farming take to get 1 brilliant jewel?

Haggling over this gives the developers both sides so if they decide to implement this, they have an idea of what people want.
                    I'd say lower the gold:gems conversion. It's taking me a LOT longer to acquire gold than gems. But now that i know about the new beta not having as many ad boxes (i skipped a ton when speed leveling my warrior from 42 to 70 an hour ago :-/) i'll be better at watching them all.

with regards to Brilliant Jewel.. possibly less time than 100k gold. It is a good question though. Because if a perfect piece of Jewelery requires 39 brilliant Jewels.. at 100K gold per brilliant Jewel, your looking at 3.9 million gold just for your jewels. Notwithstanding what you need 4 creating the Rings and necklaces and fusing them. I'm not sure how much that part is going to cost, but now you're pushing the cost of buying everything up to the 6 mil range again.

I guess if you're highly Adept at farming up a ton of gold really quickly, this might be the most efficient way to build perfect jewelry.

you make some good points :-)
                    Last edited by Rytrik; 12-06-2017, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Forget what I said about the ad boxes in new beta. They are beginning to drop like crazy. Gold? Hit the levels with a lot of junk and sell the junk. Five 250 gold items is pretty good gold. Might make the gold attribute worthwhile having.

I really like discussing the what-ifs on this game. Right now, a high level BH with good speed is my best farmer. Get the attack rate and movement speed way up and you can clear a level in no time while the junk comes flying at you.

Comment

Working...
                      X