A gold sink idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A gold sink idea

One thing i've noticed while playing this game over the last two months or so is that gold loses it's value in the endgame. Once you start making near perfect rings and amulets gold largely loses it's value and gemstones become what you're really looking for. As well, it might be nice to open up a new avenue for useful loot for people in that region between hitting level 70 and getting their gear sorted for trials.

My suggestion is a new "epic item crate" in the marketplace. With a cost of 20,000+(14,000 * Character Level) it would top out at 1,000,000 for a level 70 character. My idea is that it would drop a leveled piece of random epic or legendary gear. However it shouldn't have the restriction on attributes that trials drops have, to make them stay supreme. That way it wouldn't reduce player participation in trials, but would give us a trade off in what to invest gold in. Right now it's just "buy rings and amulets". The other chests for sale are a great idea except that the items they drop are terrible.

Edit: I also forgot to mention, while the large treasure in the market is great and all, it's pretty stupid expensive for the benefit it provides compared to the boosters. I'm willing to spend more money on games than most and I wouldn't pay to buy one. I think it's cost should be reduced or just remove it. Same with the gemstone assortment.
    I know i'm not the first person to bring something like this up, but i figured i'd put in my 2c. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Aesthetician; 12-23-2017, 01:11 PM.

I think this is an interesting idea and I do not disagree with it. What I wanted to do was add a little bit to the thought process. If I were the Developers, I would always have in the back of my mind what can I do to boost actual dollars spent on in-app purchase, gems.

I realize that sounds a little bit cold hearted but after all they are running a business by developing this game and the purpose of that business is to make money.

If all players only played for free, this discussion would end because the game would not exist.

So this is kind of a side point to us players, spend a dollar or two or ten on a game you really like. If you are willing to spend a few bucks on a nice meal or a movie at the theater, or whatever, then why not spend a few bucks on a game that is providing you hours of enjoyment. Sometimes I see comments from dedicated players that swear they will never pay a single penny in playing a certain game. That seems counter-intuitive to me.

Anyways back to the ideas about gold, I agree that we need a good use for gold in the latter stages of play. Nearly all games do not allow exchange of that kind of currency for IAP, nor even an exchange for something "valuable" like gemstones or gear.

I have one idea that makes sense from a purely mathematical standpoint and it is this:

Dedicated players crafting high-end jewelry are going to spend hundreds of thousands or Millions to get perfect pieces or near perfect pieces. The overall gold cost of this is simply based on the statistics of how often, randomly, that piece they are seeking will appear.

Do do the math on those statistics, and then simply price the near-perfect piece at that statistical level. Please note I wrote near-perfect piece. I don't think they should sell perfect pieces. Let OCD players get those the hard way. But sell me 89s at the statistical level of gold that it is going to cost me anyway. Plus something. Then that would save a whole lot of time in having to laboriously craft the piece that you were going to get in the end anyway.

The "plus something" (or times something) would be the "payment" to the developers for getting us this option. It would then use up gold, and stimulate more game-play, which in the end stimulates IAP.

This idea would also not really change the mechanics of the overall game much because all you are doing is letting people get what they are already getting currently. You are just letting them trade gold for time.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

To Coda's point, the biggest reason I'm not actively working on near perfect jewelry right now is how long it would take to create, verify, and sort the ingredient rings and amulets. With my work schedule and an eight month old, I have very little time to play. I would probably have to stop "playing" for a week with the time I would have to spend on making the jewelry. That would probably make me lose all interest in the game, so I'm just not doing it. If I could spend a little extra to save time not creating, checking, sorting, selling jewelry, it would be will worth it and keep me more interested in the game.

Comment

^^
        Plus 1 million
        (Just +1 is not enough)
        ​​​​​​
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Devs, for the above, you could have it "unlock" by paying IAP (gems). Make it a cost that is reasonable ... not massive but not too small either. 1500 gems?
          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Working...
          X