Gameplay feedback from a new but dedicated player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameplay feedback from a new but dedicated player

Hi all. I've been playing for about six months now and I have to say this game is amazing. The dual story and trial mode system is very good. The gearing and leveling are very well developed. Aesthetically, the game is beautiful and fun to play. Suffice to say I'm an enthusiast.

I'd just like to list the top 3 pros and cons of the game, as I see it. Naturally, I could be ignorant of some aspect that currently seems poorly designed... feel free to tell me so. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Pros:
    1) The player support. Every time I've had an issue, Travis has been amazing. The system that is set up to allow players to provide feedback and bring problems to light is very efficient and satisfying.

2) The guided learning curve. Granted, there are facets of the game that you either have to figure out on your own or consult these forums, but there has been no real impediment at all (as yet) to going from a fresh novice to a seasoned player. I chalk this one up to smart game design by the developers, who have obviously learned what not to do from other games.

3) The game is compact yet very detailed. Despite the fact that this game runs smoothly on handheld devices, it feels like it's much larger and is surprisingly immersive.

Cons
    1) The price and availability of gems. I click on every mystery box to get the 5 gems. I pay real money to buy the package deals. I level alts for the sole purpose of grinding out the 10 gems per instance and per difficulty level. Even so, I'm constantly out of gems, whether due to reforging or paying 99 gems for a gemstone package. Not to mention how gem-expensive some in-game features are, like rows of bag space and bank tabs.

2) The buy-back option. When you're making a new piece of jewelry, it usually takes millions of coins worth of attempts, at least to make a high quality item. If you've been playing for a while and you've gotten rid of a few hundred items, clicking on buy-back will often crash your game. I recently fat-fingered my main's chest piece, which had double gem slots (1,050 gems worth, by the way), and it disappeared. Since I'd been working on a new ring, the buy-back option crashed my whole game. I don't know if this is a memory issue or a programming issue, but when you get back in, the buy-back list is empty.

3) The disparity between modes of gameplay. If you shut down the game or crash during story mode, you can come back exactly where you left off, but you can't do so during a trial or while fighting Gorgonna. This doesn't seem fair, and I can only hope it's a mistake.

All in all, I adore this game, despite the issues listed above, and especially since the most recent patch. One last request, though: please, please fix Eileen's skin. Someone went after her with the ugly stick like she was a pinata at a fat kid's birthday party.

CUDI FOJA JUXU 3116
    Last edited by Emmely; 12-31-2017, 12:25 AM.

Check out the newb guide for recommendations of when to spend gems, it seems you are using them too often, other than that I agree with everything.
    Travis this goes in the feedback and suggestions section.

Comment

one more reason to implement manual clearing of buyback.

and also, you may already know this but 99g for the gem package is not as worth it as the 75g 200% booster.
      22nd September 2017

Comment

Originally posted by giecomo View Post
        one more reason to implement manual clearing of buyback.

and also, you may already know this but 99g for the gem package is not as worth it as the 75g 200% booster.
        Giecomo, I realize that but sometimes it's a time crunch. I get the 75 g booster when I have time to farm.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmely View Post
          Giecomo, I realize that but sometimes it's a time crunch. I get the 75 g booster when I have time to farm.
          Just another data point, but you get approximately 182 roughs from a 99-gem gemstone bag (based on over a hundred bags bought, pre-booster). Now, if you're terrible at farming the gemstone booster--like I am--it will take you about 15 real-time minutes to acquire the equivalent of 182 roughs (about 4.5 minutes booster time). If you're as good as some of the better farmers, it will take you half that or less.

Even if you end up being inefficient with the other 25 minutes of booster time, this seems like an easy choice--especially if spending gems is an issue.

Comment

My number one Pro: The touch controls! This sets this game way above other mobile games that are a lot further ahead in their development.
            RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Emmely View Post
              1) The price and availability of gems. I click on every mystery box to get the 5 gems. I pay real money to buy the package deals. I level alts for the sole purpose of grinding out the 10 gems per instance and per difficulty level. Even so, I'm constantly out of gems, whether due to reforging or paying 99 gems for a gemstone package. Not to mention how gem-expensive some in-game features are, like rows of bag space and bank tabs.

Don't bother reforging items that:

1. Have more than one stat that is <80 (Power/CritRate/Vitality/Haste)

2. Have both UNDESIRABLE stats in it namely %Gold and Damage Reflect. Sell these right away. 2/4 stats for a legendary is too valuable to be wasted. (+ ARMOR is only tolerable when it's =>175 and is not on a WEAPON, this being a personal preference. All up to you.)

3. Have one stat that is <80, and also have EITHER of the undesirable stats. ( This is still equal to having 2 undesirable stats on a legendary. Sell this right away)

Also, aim to NOT reach the 50 gems worth of reforging in one sitting. There's always tomorrow. new day, new gems.
              Last edited by Radament; 01-01-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radament View Post

Also, aim to NOT reach the 50 gems worth of reforging in one sitting. There's always tomorrow. new day, new gems.
                Wait WHAT? If you wait 24 hours then the cost is re-set?

RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Coldet View Post
                  Wait WHAT? If you wait 24 hours then the cost is re-set?
                  No, but that way you'll spend less (if you only do it once per day).

Comment

Originally posted by Radament View Post
                    (+ ARMOR is only tolerable when it's =>175 and is not on a WEAPON)
                    Maybe I'm missing something here, but why is +ARMOR worse on a weapon, versus any other piece of equipment? AFAIK what matters is the total mix of bonus attributes, not what piece of equipment each occurs on. Please enlighten me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Scintillant View Post
                      Maybe I'm missing something here, but why is +ARMOR worse on a weapon, versus any other piece of equipment? AFAIK what matters is the total mix of bonus attributes, not what piece of equipment each occurs on. Please enlighten me if I am wrong.
                      Forgot the disclaimer part : That's my personal preference.

P.S. I don't even like it put on ANY of my gear, be it weapon or armor
                      Last edited by Radament; 01-01-2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X