[Mage] Change weapons class for the Mage class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Mage] Change weapons class for the Mage class

I've always wondered about this, why in the world does a Mage have a melee weapon but does ranged attacks? Mage shouldn't be able to do that.

I think this should be changed to Wand/Staff/Sceptre à la Diablo. Change the currently equipped weapon type and class to one of these while maintaining the attributes and their stats except weapon damage.

I wondered the same

Comment

But yet the axe was the strongest weapon i found thus far, but can't hit With it. All the staff's stats suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Libidinous View Post
        But yet the axe was the strongest weapon i found thus far, but can't hit With it. All the staff's stats suck.
        I personally use Mace/Sword because of the higher minimum damage. Also the weapon types need a proper and more detailed information and should be changed accordingly else it doesn't make any difference. For example Mace should get the highest pure damage. Sword should attack a little faster. Axe should get cleave bonus (this is very important imo). Wands should be faster to use. Sceptre should have higher damage than Wands. Staff should give some ability rate/amplification bonus etc. Again these are just examples.

Comment

Originally posted by ggsonic View Post
          I've always wondered about this, why in the world does a Mage have a melee weapon but does ranged attacks? Mage shouldn't be able to do that.

I think this should be changed to Wand/Staff/Sceptre à la Diablo. Change the currently equipped weapon type and class to one of these while maintaining the attributes and their stats except weapon damage.
          Swords and maces have always been part of Mage lore as weaponry. Maybe not so much a mace but swords are definitely Mage weapons.

And please don't make this game so much like Diablo 2 where there are a stupid amount of finer details. Where each weapon gives slightly different extra attributes.

honestly I really think a lot of people need to understand that it's only about three people working on this game and what you're asking for would require significantly more development power to do. Maybe they will add that stuff further down the line but for right now that would be a misuse of their resources.

Comment

I definitely understand the logic and agree from an aesthetics perspective, but removing mace/sword from mages would also impact DR, Elban's, and Mukraiser. I'd say just leave it as-is, since injecting class-limiters would also require more inventory slots (and farming).

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

Swords and maces have always been part of Mage lore as weaponry. Maybe not so much a mace but swords are definitely Mage weapons.
              Examples please. I can't think of a single example of a mage type character using a mace. And the primary example of a mage type using a sword is Gandalf, who didn't cast spells, so wasn't an archetypal mage.

But I agree the finer details should be very low priority. That said, I fully agree that Mage's should only use Staves. Just make a named item for staves and all is good.

Comment

Working...
              X