Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A New Beginning" Feedback for the Developers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    "A New Beginning" Feedback for the Developers

    Before I get into my feedback on this past week's event, I want to preface a little bit on who I am as an Eternium player. I have been playing Eternium (aka MvM) since it originally launched in 2014. In fact, I am one of the originals to first create a forum account when it first launched. Since 2014, I have loved every aspect of this game and, even though I have not had the opportunity to play every day, I have made it a point to at least log in and collect my daily rewards and peruse the forums for new and interesting events.. In fact, I have made it a point to support the developers by spending hundreds of dollars on crystals and event packages. A lot of my support is in direct response to a situation I encountered when the game first launched and both Travis and the developers were extremely accommodating at the time.


    With that being said, like many of you, this event got me more than a little excited. Unfortunately, even though I was looking forward to receiving a celestial item by completing trial level 80, I knew that I would have to be strategic with my time since my wife and I just had our first child approximately five weeks ago. Additionally, my wife and I are currently in temporary housing while our house is repaired from local flooding. Therefore, I do not have access to a desktop computer. Consequently, I knew that I would need to spend some money on event packages and crystals in order to maximize my toon's numbers in order to hit trial level 80. This totaled $270.


    Was the money worth it to spend. Yes! Do I regret any of it? No! Would I do it again? Yes! Did I have loads of fun? Yes and No.........


    What I found was that playing a mage on my phone through the event was everything the forum and Reddit posts suggest; it's hard as hell. When I reached trial level 78, my mage became extremely buggy. In fact, repeatedly, Blink did not work the way it was supposed to. I understand that Blink is made to disengage the boss or mob when you are either a certain distance away or not engaged for a certain period of time; but EVERY time I utilized blink in both trial levels 78 and 79, my toon would disengage the enemy. For example, I could be right in front of the Broken Dragon, be auto-attacking, hit blink, and my toon would automatically disengage. That would require me to reselect the boss. This disengagement took valuable seconds off of my timer.


    Another example could be seen in level 78 with Malgroth. I quickly learned that the disengagement with Blink when utilized in conjunction with Singularity forced me to either wait for Malgroth to re-enter the screen so I could select him or try to find where the orb took him so I could select him. In either case, valuable time was taken off the clock.


    After several hours on Saturday of trying level 78, I finally beat it with two seconds to spare. Thinking I needed to raise both my dps and vitality, I quickly spent crystals to get my overall dps to 700k+ and socketed all of my slots with +50 vitality gems. The results for trial level 79 were not much different. In fact, I repeatedly kept getting one-shot from the broken dragon, while still dealing with the Blink disengagement issue.


    Now I did try to utilize other abilities outside of Blink but I was unable to make the 10 minute timer in every case. Blink provided me the best opportunity to produce the most dps on both trash mobs and bosses. For reference, I also tried both a full Apprentice and Adventurer set. Neither set afforded me any positive results.


    I never set out to be in the top 100 but I am a little disappointed in being so close to trial level 80 and not having an opportunity to achieve a completion due to mechanics out of my control; especially after spending $270. I now know why over 90% of the player base chose to make either bounty hunters or warriors for the event. If I knew how frustrating it would be to play a mage on a mobile device, I would never have attempted it. Furthermore, I wouldn’t have spent as much money on trying to achieve something that was futile from the beginning.


    Although I will keep playing MvM until the servers are turned off and support the developers, I felt that they needed constructive criticism from someone that was willing to financially support them.

    I look forward to the next great event!



    Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Desamation; 02-26-2018, 11:38 PM.

    #2
    Got pretty sad myself about your case, honestly. I'm really sorry. The next time you get in such a situation, contact me and/or get in Discord so people will instantly help you. Glad you enjoyed it buddy, I hope your kid grows to be the fella you expect it to be
    Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
    when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
    YOLO

    Comment


      #3
      Were you able to max out your abilities? If so, when were you able to accomplish it (how many days did it take?)
      BH - Stalker - TL 138 (PC)

      Comment


        #4
        +1

        Hey man,

        Great thread. I support what you are saying.

        Personally I was on PC. I was not having the issues you were having. However I was having several issues with mouse locking.. Memory leaks.. And game crashes.

        When you compete for items that are of limited quantity and you have limited time and glitches and bugs are causing you to have issues moving towards your goal. It's EXTREMELY frustrating.

        What I would like to see is toon specific goals for the big ticket stuff. Instead of competeing against others you just compete against a goal.

        i dunno. But this event was almost so stressful that it wasnt fun due to bugs and other issues.
        KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

        CLICK >>>
        HERE<<< FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Bounty View Post
          Were you able to max out your abilities? If so, when were you able to accomplish it (how many days did it take?)
          I maxed out everything I needed using crystals. There are some abilities I am still working on, but I ended the event at 169 synergy to give you an idea. I think I spent approximately 2k crystals during the event in all.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post
            +1

            Hey man,

            Great thread. I support what you are saying.

            Personally I was on PC. I was not having the issues you were having. However I was having several issues with mouse locking.. Memory leaks.. And game crashes.

            When you compete for items that are of limited quantity and you have limited time and glitches and bugs are causing you to have issues moving towards your goal. It's EXTREMELY frustrating.

            What I would like to see is toon specific goals for the big ticket stuff. Instead of competeing against others you just compete against a goal.

            i dunno. But this event was almost so stressful that it wasnt fun due to bugs and other issues.
            It was more frustrating for me to know I spent a lot of money, got so close to my goal, and fell short at no fault of my own.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by RiseOfAbyss View Post
              Got pretty sad myself about your case, honestly. I'm really sorry. The next time you get in such a situation, contact me and/or get in Discord so people will instantly help you. Glad you enjoyed it buddy, I hope your kid grows to be the fella you expect it to be
              What's the discord channel?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Desamation View Post

                What's the discord channel?
                https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et.../67105-discord

                Essentially a place to chat about games.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hi Desamation! Haven’t had the pleasure of meeting you yet. 3 year vet, congrats! Also I guess crystals were replaced by gems? Never played M&M but I’ve heard eternium is quite dif nowadays. Congrats on your newborn!

                  That sux you didn’t make it to T80 after spending a ton of $$. With synergy 169 I assume you had your 8 skills maxed at level 10? How many hours playtime do you think you were able to put into the event?

                  Cheers Desamation & hope to see you around Discord

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Peacedawg View Post
                    Hi Desamation! Haven’t had the pleasure of meeting you yet. 3 year vet, congrats! Also I guess crystals were replaced by gems?
                    LOL.....I meant to say gems. Also, I think it was around 36 to 40 hours over the 9 days.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks for your support and providing this feedback, Desamation. And congratulations on your newborn!

                      Improving quality of life for mobile players and reducing the gap between PC/mobiles has a high priority on our list. We hope to drastically reduce that gap before the next event.

                      And please join Discord, we have a great community out there, always ready to provide assistance and support.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
                        Thanks for your support and providing this feedback, Desamation. And congratulations on your newborn!

                        Improving quality of life for mobile players and reducing the gap between PC/mobiles has a high priority on our list. We hope to drastically reduce that gap before the next event.

                        And please join Discord, we have a great community out there, always ready to provide assistance and support.
                        Adrian, I've heard that the mouse fix is available for PC players. But my Windows store is not updating my eternium to the new patch. It doesn't even show an option to update the game. Is it going to be rolled out automatically and my game will update? Or am I missing something somewhere?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          To everyone that has reached out to me, I wanted to let you know that Adrian reached out to me privately. I will not provide details of the discussion he and I had; but once again, I can honestly say that he and his team have far exceeded any expectations. There is a reason why I have been with this game since its inception. Therefore, I can only encourage all of you to keep playing until the servers are turned off.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Desamation View Post
                            To everyone that has reached out to me, I wanted to let you know that Adrian reached out to me privately. I will not provide details of the discussion he and I had; but once again, I can honestly say that he and his team have far exceeded any expectations. There is a reason why I have been with this game since its inception. Therefore, I can only encourage all of you to keep playing until the servers are turned off.
                            The servers shall never be turned off,Eternium has no end and nor shall we allow it to have one.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Desamation View Post

                              I maxed out everything I needed using crystals. There are some abilities I am still working on, but I ended the event at 169 synergy to give you an idea. I think I spent approximately 2k crystals during the event in all.
                              ItsI funny i spent a lil less then you to dodthe same things maximize my skills with gems. In the end there was a few players ahead of me in this area and ii realized p2w and not p2w is balanced to a T yea i had an advantage over ppl in the beginning but in the end it was all relatively close and even
                              VIYA WUBA RAGA 2478

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X