Nerf for Ghosts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nerf for Ghosts.

It would be good if the speed deceleration effect of a ghost's life drain is capped to a certain extent.Right now it seems that a mass of those fiends can slow you down to the extent of outright standstill.And you all know it almost always leads to insta-death.

I'm pretty sure each chain decreases speed by 50%. If the speed nerf was removed or lessened (capped as you say) I would be happy. I have so many runs ruined because 3 of them latch onto me and I get hit by arrows
    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
    Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

I don't think this should be nerfed, in fact I think there should be more abilities that are as dangerous. Enemies *should* be dangerous, you *should* have to pay attention to what you're fighting and use different tactics to deal with their abilities/weaknesses. The game shouldn't be grab every enemy on a map with no thought needed and nerf anything that isn't vanilla. Make enemies different, make enemies dangerous, make players pay attention and adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
        I don't think this should be nerfed, in fact I think there should be more abilities that are as dangerous. Enemies *should* be dangerous, you *should* have to pay attention to what you're fighting and use different tactics to deal with their abilities/weaknesses. The game shouldn't be grab every enemy on a map with no thought needed and nerf anything that isn't vanilla. Make enemies different, make enemies dangerous, make players pay attention and adapt.
        Fair thought,but still I feel that a cap is required.The speed reduction to infinity just doesn't seem fine,and yes even with a speed reduction cap they would still be dangerous and you would still need to decide when to engage them,so I don't feel it is a concern.A challenge is fine and must,but excessive challenge is just a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post
          It would be good if the speed deceleration effect of a ghost's life drain is capped to a certain extent.
          Ghosts are NOT a problem.

It's Elite Archers that kill you.

Also, pinball Skeletons - that's messed up.

But Ghosts? Not a problem at all.

If they just nerf the Archers, they can buff the Ghosts.

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post

Ghosts are NOT a problem.

It's Elite Archers that kill you.

Also, pinball Skeletons - that's messed up.

But Ghosts? Not a problem at all.

If they just nerf the Archers, they can buff the Ghosts.
            Ghosts are not a problem below T100 as their DPS and toughness are manageable and hence even long streams can be survived,making it feel as no problem.But cross beyond T100,you will find their DPS combined with their maniacal speed reduction makes you die real quickly,especially if either they are a large group or are accompanied by ranged enemies.

As for archers and pinball skeletons,either you can dodge them or in case of latter the devs are going to do something about it.But ghosts in mass can only be dealt with by blinking away,and hence the suggestion for devs to do something about it.
            Last edited by Primus; 03-30-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I can't say how it is at TL 100+, but right now, Elite Archers are the only things that really scare me.

"If they are accompanied by ranged enemies" like, say, Elite Archers? OK, yeah, that's bad news

Comment

Im fine with a slight nerf to the % slow in larger numbers.

Healers need to go though.
                KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post
                  Im fine with a slight nerf to the % slow in larger numbers.

Healers need to go though.
                  Healers are going to get a nerf in next update,or at least that was the plan when last Red talked to us.

Comment

Healers are going to be doing HoTs vs direct heals. That will stop the endless "Nearly dead...OMG FULL HEALED" mechanic we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
                      Healers are going to be doing HoTs vs direct heals. That will stop the endless "Nearly dead...OMG FULL HEALED" mechanic we have now.
                      As long as the heal over time isn't too strong then it will be good. (other wise it's just a big nerf to mage because it has to pull a lot of mobs together which will include healers usually.)

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

As long as the heal over time isn't too strong then it will be good. (other wise it's just a big nerf to mage because it has to pull a lot of mobs together which will include healers usually.)
                        That, and as long as they can't cast it TOO rapidly. Because if they can repeatedly cast HoTs on mobs in the group, then you're right. It'll be a different type of challenge..

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

That, and as long as they can't cast it TOO rapidly. Because if they can repeatedly cast HoTs on mobs in the group, then you're right. It'll be a different type of challenge..
                          Ah, I was thinking it as an aura and not an ability that is cast. Makes more sense that it would be the same as now just not immediate.

Comment

Ah, I was thinking it as an aura and not an ability that is cast. Makes more sense that it would be the same as now just not immediate.
                            please not auras ... lol... please. that'll make it worse. at least when its off it's managable...
                            KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Auras are horrible, since there's no way to shut them down. With HoTs or direct heals, it's possible to silence & knockback, which can disable spells from being cast. No auras.

Comment

Working...
                              X