Feature request: a gold sink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request: a gold sink!

I'm thinking something along the lines of a "spin the wheel" type thing.

Pay 50k gold(tweak to be high enough), get a random result. Results should include some things that are useful to higher level players (5 - 25 gems, 10 minute boosters, ...) But also a lot of very mediocre stuff ( a teardrop gem, a random legendary weapon, ...)

Keeps the economy fresh so that people don't hoard as much gold as they do now and instantly buy everything purchasable once something v new comes out?

Opinions?

Last edited by Rytrik; 03-31-2018, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mus8zCY.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	93963

Comment

We already have a gold sink, but it costs you 840 per throw.

I'm talking about Jewelry crafting, of course. That's where your gold goes, and you can spend a nearly unlimited amount there seeking perfect items to fuse for that perfect ring or necklace

Comment

omfg

10+ this idea... a random roll for 50k gold.. DOOOITTTT
          KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

I just spent 3 hours & ~2.5m gold making 2 rings. I don't mind the gold, but the 3 hours and approximately 20,000 non-gameplay clicks/taps are far from ideal when playing a game.

Jewelry crafting should be revamped to make a more meaningful gold sink, gem spending that is not what it currently is (a trap for new players) and take 1/10th of the time it currently takes.

It's simple:

Craft a Power uncommon ring (72-90): 5,000 Gold
            Craft a near perfect Power uncommon ring (87-90): 30 Gems

End of story. It'll still cost you 1m/ring if you are chasing 90s with only gold, but it won't take 2 hours and 20k taps. And spending gems will actually make sense and have a reasonable return.
            How's that for a QoL change?
            I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post

Craft a Power uncommon ring (72-90): 5,000 Gold
              Craft a near perfect Power uncommon ring (87-90): 30 Gems

End of story. It'll still cost you 1m/ring if you are chasing 90s with only gold, but it won't take 2 hours and 20k taps. And spending gems will actually make sense and have a reasonable return.
              How's that for a QoL change?
              270 gems minimum to maybe get near-perfect, with a 1/4 chance per ring/neck purchase that you get a 90... but with a 3/4 chance you get 87-89. Kinda shitty odds for the amount of gems being burned...

Too high a cost for too low a chance of perfect uncommon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

270 gems minimum to maybe get near-perfect, with a 1/4 chance per ring/neck purchase that you get a 90... but with a 3/4 chance you get 87-89. Kinda shitty odds for the amount of gems being burned...

Too high a cost for too low a chance of perfect uncommon.
                I didn't pull the numbers out of my behind, this is the range (iirc) of stats that's used in custom legendary items.
                Right now it's 17 gems for an uncommon item with a stat range 72-90 and you think 25% chance for perfect is shitty?

Realistically speaking, that's why my suggestion is not "give us perfect uncommons for three-fiddy".

I am just saying: make gambling with gems a bit more reasonable and rewarding and make gold crafting faster and less cumbersome.

Comment

I didn't pull the numbers out of my behind, this is the range (iirc) of stats that's used in custom legendary items.
                  Right now it's 17 gems for an uncommon item with a stat range 72-90 and you think 25% chance for perfect is shitty?

Realistically speaking, that's why my suggestion is not "give us perfect uncommons for three-fiddy".

I am just saying: make gambling with gems a bit more reasonable and rewarding and make gold crafting faster and less cumbersome.
                  Nah, that's a bad deal because as this forum is suggesting a gold sink, gold can be used for anything else so why waste gems when you can spend gold?
                  ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                  ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                  Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

Nah, that's a bad deal because as this forum is suggesting a gold sink, gold can be used for anything else so why waste gems when you can spend gold?
                    It's a bad deal right now, on both aspects. The gold crafting takes hours and thousands of taps/clicks, while the gem crafting is unreasonable enough to only be used by mistake (hence the comment of it being a trap for new players).
                    My suggestion is for the gold spending part, but because it's replacing the "random attribute" with what is currently provided by gem spending (crafting a specific stat), I had to include a second part to my suggestion for a new gem spending scheme.

Comment

It's a bad deal right now, on both aspects. The gold crafting takes hours and thousands of taps/clicks, while the gem crafting is unreasonable enough to only be used by mistake (hence the comment of it being a trap for new players).
                      My suggestion is for the gold spending part, but because it's replacing the "random attribute" with what is currently provided by gem spending (crafting a specific stat), I had to include a second part to my suggestion for a new gem spending scheme.
                      If you're commenting on the gold crafting's hours & thousands of clicks, consider that there aren't many ways to gain gems.

IAP (Gems/day or bundles), random gem drops, completing levels, completing the 5 dailies, or losing **** tons of life to watching ads on mobile. Gold is far easier to gain, AND its gain can be boosted by gems (both gem to gold trade, and using currency booster)..

This is why many are fine with a 5x+ GOLD requirement to gain quicker access to near-perfect jewel pieces. There aren't enough easy sources of gems, and they don't rack up as quickly as gold.

If a person randoms 87/88 on 7 jewel pieces (which most people won't use for crafting if they've read Nhat 's guide), you've now lost 210 gems. That's a day+ of 100 gems/day PLUS dailies. And for what... lotto chance of getting 90's? I get where you're coming from, but throwing 87/88's into the mix at 30 gems a pop, when gems are the LEAST renewable resource in the game, seems shortsighted, and a way to force more p2w... or fuckloads of frustration from people burning through their entire gem supply in a few minutes of crafting.
                      Last edited by Rytrik; 04-01-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Crafting should be overhauled to remove gems entirely. It's a trap, like the locked chests in Story - there's a Shop for that stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

This is why many are fine with a 5x+ GOLD requirement to gain quicker access to near-perfect jewel pieces.
                          You completely missed the part where I said "realistically speaking". Of course people would prefer to spend gold for perfect jewelry (hell, I would be happy if they just mailed to me a set of 3 every morning for free! /s), but this is not a letter to Santa, this is a suggestion list directed to a company that needs to keep players happy and make a profit to stay in business.
                          A long post explaining how difficult it is to farm gems is not necessary, I think we all know how it works, you're not revealing a secret to anyone.
                          BUT
                          Do you really think that you have a reasonable chance to get the devs consider your feedback, if your suggestion is along the lines of "just give us nice stuff for gold"? Or as GrauGeist suggests "just remove gems entirely". Do you honestly believe that these are viable suggestions?

I suggested something that the players who are currently crafting with gold, will keep doing it the same way, using their gold. The only thing that would change, is that it will take 20 minutes instead of 2 hours. And your complain is about the second part of my suggestion, which improves the chance of getting a perfect ring via spending gems from 3% to 25%?

Comment

+1 for original suggestion

Comment

Working...
                            X