Fix The Bosses, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix The Bosses, Please

They're all broken. I'm sick and tired of having to repeat Trials that I had in the bag were it not for things like dropped animation frames, attacks/charges/overflows delivered while frozen, and Magroth's ubiquitous perpetual gliding and unrendered meteor strikes. It gets ridiculously tedious having to play against such broken and inconsistent mechanics

I mean, Elban's okay for the most part, but Magroth and TBD are total trainwrecks.
    Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
    Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
    Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
    Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

ok
    Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
    when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
    YOLO

Comment

It's easy to not die to invisible meteor after some experience with it. Frozen and moving is most likely intended because breaking free can be cast while frozen. Also it's "broken" for everyone so nobody is at a disadvantage.
      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

I hate Magroth the most....not because he's hard to beat...it's because i get too greedy when it comes to timing his enrage. Always wait too long to move and...bam I die. Of all bosses i die the most against Magroth.
        BH - Stalker - TL 138 (PC)

Comment

Melchiah 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100111 01110101 01100100

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
            Why did I know what that was going to say before I even used a translator xD
            ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
            ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
            Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

01100111 01101001 01110100 01100111 01110101 01100100
              =gitgud

Comment

<3
                Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
                when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
                YOLO

Comment

From what I can gather, this is pretty gud for only about 2 or 3 weeks of casual playing. Currently Trial 78. And that's not counting the ANB loot that she'll be getting after the event ends, or the fact that I've only spent $2 for the Stormweapons and damn near zero time researching the game on sites like these.

And yet that's all still completely irrelevant here given the fact that it's not *my* skill that has any bearing on the game's code. ;-)
                  Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post
                    From what I can gather, this is pretty gud for only about 2 or 3 weeks of casual playing. Currently Trial 78. And that's not counting the ANB loot that she'll be getting after the event ends, or the fact that I've only spent $2 for the Stormweapons and damn near zero time researching the game on sites like these.

And yet that's all still completely irrelevant here given the fact that it's not *my* skill that has any bearing on the game's code. ;-)
                    While you're doing well for casual playing... I have to wonder.. how are other people playing exactly the same game as you, a game which is running the same code as your game, with the same class as you, beating trials which are 40+ levels higher than you're completing?

Same game, same code. What's up? There has to be some difference... What could cause that discrepancy?

By the way, some tips for your character: Consider dropping your AR by a hundred or 2, drop your LoH WAY down. Max 2k, and massively bump up your haste.

But honestly, RiseOfAbyss could give better tips. He's cleared TL120'ish (i believe) on his mage on live. Even Purple Potato is kicking ass in the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                      I hate Magroth the most....not because he's hard to beat...it's because i get too greedy when it comes to timing his enrage. Always wait too long to move and...bam I die. Of all bosses i die the most against Magroth.
                      It's the Enrage animation terminating early that gets me. I have Magroth's script memorized, and his Enrage cooldown is actually right behind my ANB Mage's own cooldowns right now. So if I've hit him with one full 3-Draw salvo following an Enrage winding down, his next Enrage activation will be right after my first ready note. Dodging him when the timing isn't broken is easy. Dodging him when it is broken is hard, because it essentially amounts to the game deciding that you're going to take the hit and that's that. Skill and preparation are rendered irrelevant by such issues.

I've noticed that Gorgona has started doing something similar, where she'll animate her attack, but release the projectile a second later. She didn't do that when I first started playing, though. Again, it can be played around, but is that really a better option than the devs just fixing it?

- - -

Potato, it's not just the BF. Magroth and TBD have been frozen on empty BF guages and not casting BF when they've hit me with un-animated swings and Overflows. What's really hilarious is that sometimes Magroth will BF while he's being dragged by Singularity, but then he'll still get dragged along for the remainder of the spell. So like I said, it seems like his code is just a mess in general.

I'm not even worried about the competition aspect. I just look at the LBs for build ideas. The problem is that the boss issues turns a critical part of the game into a tedious slog, so it's even worse that it affects everyone. Why any of it would be intentional when the bosses are legitimately challenging without such issues is beyond me.
                      Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

While you're doing well for casual playing... I have to wonder.. how are other people playing exactly the same game as you, a game which is running the same code as your game, with the same class as you, beating trials which are 40+ levels higher than you're completing?

Same game, same code. What's up? There has to be some difference... What could cause that discrepancy?

By the way, some tips for your character: Consider dropping your AR by a hundred or 2, drop your LoH WAY down. Max 2k, and massively bump up your haste.

But honestly, RiseOfAbyss could give better tips. He's cleared TL120'ish (i believe) on his mage on live. Even Purple Potato is kicking ass in the event.
                        I've asked the same question. My CL is half what the LB toppers have, so maybe that's it. I also haven't had a chance to play with any Event gear, but that'll change after ANB2. I'm sure it also comes down to ability choice. And yes, most of those folks have been playing a lot longer than me.

Skill-wise, I think I'm on the right track. I don't find bosses that difficult overall anymore, annoying issues mentioned above aside, and only certain mobs are a pain. My main Mage did fine in Trials last time around. She breezed through 71 to 77 after the last round of upgrades. I've just been playing the BH and ANB2 lately.

But thanks for the advice. It fits well with my next round of planned upgrades. I was considering a major Haste upgrade. Gonna try to make good use of that Event gear after ANB2 ends.
                        Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post

It's the Enrage animation terminating early that gets me. I have Magroth's script memorized, and his Enrage cooldown is actually right behind my ANB Mage's own cooldowns right now. So if I've hit him with one full 3-Draw salvo following an Enrage winding down, his next Enrage activation will be right after my first ready note. Dodging him when the timing isn't broken is easy. Dodging him when it is broken is hard, because it essentially amounts to the game deciding that you're going to take the hit and that's that. Skill and preparation are rendered irrelevant by such issues.
                          one thing on cooldowns, you do know that your cooldown is subject to a pretty big RNG?

There is a passive ability called alacrity which has a chance to reduce cooldowns by 2 seconds for every attack you make, so your actual in game cool downs vary sometimes by quite significant amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Swordman View Post

one thing on cooldowns, you do know that your cooldown is subject to a pretty big RNG?

There is a passive ability called alacrity which has a chance to reduce cooldowns by 2 seconds for every attack you make, so your actual in game cool downs vary sometimes by quite significant amounts.
                            I read something about that in passing a while back, but it doesn't look like it's noted or measured anywhere in the front of the game. I went for a high AR because it's dependable, and I wouldn't be trusting all of my cooldown to Integralas' RNG. My Haste is only around 4 hps, so my ready notes are pretty consistent despite this alacrity I've heard so much about.
                            Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Lol. Magroth frozen, BF guage empty, Enraging appears above him. I go to move, and get one-shotted by a still-frozen Magroth. No surprise it happened during a milestone Trial.

Sad. My eyes rolled so hard I saw the bottom of my brain.
                              Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Working...
                              X