Summoner Class...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summoner Class...?

Since I'm bored and it's an off day, how about we spitball a bit about a new Class idea? A Summoner could be pretty cool.

Actives could include the basics: Offensive familiars, defensive/healing familiars, maybe even a poweful mount or two if that's your thing. They could also have aura buffs. Familiar stats could be based on the Summoner's own, with different familiars receiving buffs beyond that baseline to different stats.

High enough AR could mean overlap between summons, so you could eventually keep a legion going. AR is a bit of a priority for the other 3 Classes, but a Summoner would *really* shine with a lot of it. Or perhaps Active ability familiars would just remain until killed. Again, tougher fams + high AR = legion.

Familiars could be summoned anywhere on the visible map (like Blizzard and Immolate are cast), as opposed to just popping up near your position like Muk merloks and Necro skellies. Drop 'em into a chillin' mob and watch the fun.

Primary attacks would be pretty generic, basically Mage re-skins, but each would have a proc to summon lesser familiars, with the chance and fam stats going up each level along with the attack's base damage. This would also allow for a wider selection of effective Primaries -- which isn't the case with Mage and BH (who each have only 2 useful Primaries, if we're really being honest here) -- because the decision of which one to use would be based more on the type of familiar desired as opposed to just the raw power of the attack itself.

Class-Specific Passives? I dunno, that's where I'm drawing a bit of a blank. Buffs to familiars' power/duration/AoE abilities? Chance to double-summon with a single casting? Chance of familiar attacks to turn enemies to your side for a time?

So yeah, just a few ideas that have been bouncing around in my head lately. I also figured that if multiplayer turns out to incorporate a 3- or 4-player co-op element, a 4th Class would be a good way to keep matches fresh and varied, and a Summomer could add even more bodies to the epic glory and chaos.
    Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
    Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
    Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
    Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

I think you've been reading old posts too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
      I think you've been reading old posts too much.
      Nope. I don't go past page 1.
      Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

I just don't think they would be viable in high trials.

It is a community fav though...so toss them in. Class leader boards are separate so when you are at the top you are at the top....
        I just think having abilities that mimic mukraiser and Necro aren't gonna get you far....

But if you summoned a legion of elite healers....you can be in my party after multiplayer....
        Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
        Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
        see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
        and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
        It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
          But if you summoned a legion of elite healers....you can be in my party after multiplayer....
          LOL, no.. you get perma banned for that.
          ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
          ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
          Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

What if you could summon your friends list??
            Total slaughter........total slaughter
            I won't leave a single monster alive...
            La De da De die........ Genocide
            La De da De dud....... An ocean of blood....

Let's start ....the killing..

Comment

Originally posted by Beelzebub View Post
              What if you could summon your friends list??
              I actually had an idea close to that when I was writing the original post: (Set Item) 6 procs a summon of one of your other characters instead of an offensive familiar. Maybe it could even mirror your draws with whatever ability they have in their own corresponding slot. That might be a bit too meta, but it'd still be kinda funny.
              Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post
                I actually had an idea close to that when I was writing the original post: (Set Item) 6 procs a summon of one of your other characters instead of an offensive familiar. Maybe it could even mirror your draws with whatever ability they have in their own corresponding slot. That might be a bit too meta, but it'd still be kinda funny.
                They plan on letting you use your own other characters in the future, not just as part of a set bonus

Comment

They plan on letting you use your own other characters in the future, not just as part of a set bonus
                  Wow. And yet users on this forum call *my* ideas extraneous and/or too difficult to implement... :-\
                  Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Ooh... I likey...
                    Total slaughter........total slaughter
                    I won't leave a single monster alive...
                    La De da De die........ Genocide
                    La De da De dud....... An ocean of blood....

Let's start ....the killing..

Comment

i had considered something like this...what if in home town your other characters were there to chat with you....
                      what if you could pick them as party members and in the ability screen they had one spot where you choose their aura ability from a couple...and then the ability you could trigger would probably be in the first slot....attack they use in first slot.

So a BH you could set them to lethal shot....use Smoke screen on demand and there would be couple passives for each class that only worked when they were a minnion like attack bonus, and such...i think it would be cool....
                      people would probably be mad though knowing the minnion version was horrible compared to real thing

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
                        i had considered something like this...what if in home town your other characters were there to chat with you....
                        what if you could pick them as party members and in the ability screen they had one spot where you choose their aura ability from a couple...and then the ability you could trigger would probably be in the first slot....attack they use in first slot.

So a BH you could set them to lethal shot....use Smoke screen on demand and there would be couple passives for each class that only worked when they were a minnion like attack bonus, and such...i think it would be cool....
                        people would probably be mad though knowing the minnion version was horrible compared to real thing
                        Minions just need fixes and improvement (although they *don't* need to be invincible; just upgradeable and more combat-effective). I honestly like the variety that they provide, but they don't have the raw stats/command versatility to be useful.

If co-op multiplayer doesn't get implemented, then yeah, adding maybe 1 other toon to your party would be cool. But CO MP would be way better and more fresh and fun in my opinion.
                        Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post

Minions just need fixes and improvement (although they *don't* need to be invincible; just upgradeable and more combat-effective). I honestly like the variety that they provide, but they don't have the raw stats/command versatility to be useful.

If co-op multiplayer doesn't get implemented, then yeah, adding maybe 1 other toon to your party would be cool. But CO MP would be way better and more fresh and fun in my opinion.
                          def agree on that.
                          only thing i think i would have done to minnions would have been that classic SNES thing where you basically move a slider Defensive<---->agressive
                          you set Eileen to defense and she stays closer heals more often uses shield. Set robin to aggressive he gets closes freezes more etc...

Comment

Is this for real , or just a joke? Never been on discord, so dont know whats goin on there, but that idea sounds funny

Comment

Originally posted by CraggHack View Post
                              Is this for real
                              Yes

Comment

Working...
                              X