Trial 120- Kara Boss "Fight"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial 120- Kara Boss "Fight"

I was able to get a summon on 120 and try to fight kara. Gameplay was on a Galaxy S8.

It really wasn't much of a fight.

The following is presented for your amusement.

CL 2K+
    Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
    TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Can you taken down 115 Kara?
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
      Can you taken down 115 Kara?
      I haven't tried. My guess is no.

I finally managed to beat 105 kara with my pushing mage in the past few days. I haven't tried 110 either. Guess I should try just to get a filter picture though. Her damage seems to ramp up quickly starting at trial 100. I wouldn't be surprised if 105 is the highest I can manage. Will report back on these.
      CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

LOL that's my push BH on TL105, reconfigured with more HP and LOH......
        BH - Stalker - TL 138 (PC)

Comment

The bad news is, TL110 kara, kicks my butt.

The good news is, I think I have the next basic piece to beating her. I'm quite sure after several attempts that kara's attack strength is augmented by the number of her minions she has summoned. 1 minion seems to be manageable. But 2 or more and her base attack takes off a substantial percent of my hp. The thing that complicates this is her minions get more hp at the higher levels. It takes a few seconds to kill a single minion at 110.

So, the keys to defeating her seem to be stay close so she doesn't use that spread fireball attack, and keep her minions to a minimum.
          CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post
            The bad news is, TL110 kara, kicks my butt.

The good news is, I think I have the next basic piece to beating her. I'm quite sure after several attempts that kara's attack strength is augmented by the number of her minions she has summoned. 1 minion seems to be manageable. But 2 or more and her base attack takes off a substantial percent of my hp. The thing that complicates this is her minions get more hp at the higher levels. It takes a few seconds to kill a single minion at 110.

So, the keys to defeating her seem to be stay close so she doesn't use that spread fireball attack, and keep her minions to a minimum.
            Are you still at base 1k LoH? dropping 1 stat slot for LoH probably reduces your dps by a very small margin but will increase your sustainability by a much larger degree... perhaps Kara demands its own set of jewelry of toughness/recovery/CD/CR? just theorizing since I'm not in beta
            GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Are you still at base 1k LoH? dropping 1 stat slot for LoH probably reduces your dps by a very small margin but will increase your sustainability by a much larger degree... perhaps Kara demands its own set of jewelry of toughness/recovery/CD/CR? just theorizing since I'm not in beta
              This is quite plausible, at this point. I'm not putting in too much more effort here though because there are still some basic attack flaws in the beta. Most particularly here, the AL attack speed buff is not working properly at higher AS's. My assumption is this will be fixed and then it will make more sense to put some effort into new jewelry, if that's what it takes.
              CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Given what you have said about Kara's gameplay mechanics (damage buff by summoned minions and minions hp buffed by TL), it is quite likely that bosses will have greater difference in difficulty scaling as one moves towards the limit. Said in other words: 110 Kara is tougher than 120 elban for certain classes. That actually would be a very good argument for my earlier suggestion of boss specific LB and trial system so no one boss stops everyone cold before reaching builds' true limits.
                GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

That actually would be a very good argument for my earlier suggestion of boss specific LB and trial system so no one boss stops everyone cold before reaching builds' true limits.
                  I had this same thought. There is a variant of this thought which occurs to me: keeping a single LB, but redesigning levels, or boss fights, such that the player must choose a more appropriate hero for the trial. This approach would have most of the same benefits as your idea, but make for easier LB management. Plus, overall best player sits at the top.

I like both of these ideas and I think anything that rewards players for branching out to the other heroes is a good way to go. Why not enjoy the game to its fullest potential?

CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post

I had this same thought. There is a variant of this thought which occurs to me: keeping a single LB, but redesigning levels, or boss fights, such that the player must choose a more appropriate hero for the trial. This approach would have most of the same benefits as your idea, but make for easier LB management. Plus, overall best player sits at the top.

I like both of these ideas and I think anything that rewards players for branching out to the other heroes is a good way to go. Why not enjoy the game to its fullest potential?

Perhaps I wasn't very clear with the Boss specific LB. You still do have a single overall LB. The ranking is determined by the cumulative score of the boss specific trials...

For example, 5 bosses, we basically have 5 "challenge towers" if you will. Those challenge towers themselves resemble the current trial system with the only change being there is no boss rotation. Each tower has one boss only.

This system can still determine the "best" overall build, instead of the best player that has all classes covered. Your idea would force people to build up classes that they might not want to play. Not an issue for the truly dedicated, but more of a challenge for the talented but certain class only players.

Still either yours or mine, would be an improvement on the existing LB I think.
                    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
                    X