Fighting Garm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting Garm

This is a comparison video of a garm fight on trial 104. In one fight, I avoided using the orange cloud, which we suspect buffs damage. In the 2nd fight, I use the orange cloud as possible.

The bottom line is using the orange cloud knocks nearly 40s off of a 3 minute fight. Watching the video, and allowing for small differences in the fight like how often I have mirrors up, spamming of blizzard and singularity, it would be hard to account for that big a difference in such a short overall fight other than the use of the orange cloud. I think it's safe to conclude that it does buff hero damage, and the buff is significant.

ADDED:
    Gameplay was done on 1.3.19 version of Eternium, so the AL/AB bug for mage is still in effect. Times would have been faster yet, otherwise.
    Last edited by lama75; 12-14-2018, 04:49 PM.
    CL 2K+
    Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
    TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Great vid Lam, thx for putting it together. As mentioned on Discord, now make one for BH

Comment

Nice lama75 When it comes to higher level trials, getting the damage buff from the orange aura might be the difference between finishing the trial or not.

By the way, I found out that you can actually blink past the Poison Nova and not get hit by the DoT, and this becomes really useful when the blue (healing) aura spawns out of bounds.
      Last edited by Sanctum; 12-14-2018, 04:54 PM.
      Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
      Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctum View Post
        By the way, I found out that you can actually blink past the Poison Nova and not get hit by the DoT, and this becomes really useful when the blue (healing) aura spawns out of bounds.
        That's a great bit of knowledge to have. Thx for sharing!

I wonder if SS for bh can accomplish something similar? Admittedly, it wouldn't make much sense, but then SS can be used to dodge Kara's knife attack, so who knows?
        CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post

I wonder if SS for bh can accomplish something similar? Admittedly, it wouldn't make much sense, but then SS can be used to dodge Kara's knife attack, so who knows?

Sure does! Tested it again to make sure, and popping SS did negate the poison nova damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post
            Sure does! Tested it again to make sure, and popping SS did negate the poison nova damage.
            That's pretty big to know as well.

So now warrior needs some mechanism like bh and mage have...
            CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post

That's a great bit of knowledge to have. Thx for sharing!

No problem lama75! Hopefully someone will be able to find out the best setup to beat high lvl Kara and willing to share it with the rest of us.
              Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
              Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

DW warrior with I think a good amount of LOH [TANK SOME OF GARM GREEN AURA WITHOUT NEGLECTING TO USED HEALTH POTION AT THE TIME OF TANKING]...definately need the orange cloud to defeat Garm within the specified time given.IMO..nice video Lama 75..i would surely practice this wonderful technique of yours with my two upgraded Mage
                Last edited by TheExorcist; 01-30-2019, 03:01 AM.
                Shield warrior Lover

Comment

Interesting theory! I've tried to tank green aura and failed with: 146k HP, 3730 LoH, 6,01 AS and tough as nails. Since I can do max TL102, I tried 99 where always died after third green and 94 where survived a bit longer but still was quickly owned.
                  Last edited by Shilien; 01-30-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

i always used the potion when tanking and attacking at the yellow cloud..when run out of potion..i run to the blue aura and attack..repeat
                    Shield warrior Lover

Comment

So do I, have you tested successfully this tanking? Maybe it needs about 8 AS, 160k HP and 4300 LoH ? I mean tanking without using blue area.
                      Last edited by Shilien; 01-30-2019, 11:12 AM. Reason: That didn't end up successfully too.)))

Comment

Clear, well, anyway, thanks for the idea about how to spent half an hour dying fun.

Comment

Working...
                        X