T115 in 79sec with ELR Lily-beam xp gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T115 in 79sec with ELR Lily-beam xp gear

Doing quick T115s with xp gear is not a thing, just tried it for sport XP farming on anything higher than 100, 102 or 105 is practically pointless.

Still have quite a bit of cr, cd and other useless stats, so this build can clear it much faster. Using Fire Lily trinket, a regular trinket, frostfire sash, frostbeam bracers.

Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

I don't understand how this works - every time I have tried Frostbeam it does piss poor damage while the main damage dealer (Frostbolt) is not firing. Same problem I have with DFA, but at least I'm invulnerable while DFA is happening.

I have a frostfire sash, but the description doesn't seem very appealing. I do not have frostbeam bracers to increase the damage, maybe that is the trick?

So I tested it again - the damage is good, but on mobile I can't figure out how to change its direction like in the video, so I can't seem to get it to work even remotely like in the video. Is this a PC only ability?
    Last edited by Citizen055; 07-17-2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      Good points. Frostbeam bracers are one of the factors, the other is +frost damage on gear. Combined they can increase frostbeam damage 8-10 times. I have a bracer with 480% frostbeam damage, and +70% frost damage.

Frostfire sash - the description doesn't do it justice. On higher trials half the total damage comes from Thermal shock. When you beam mobs, they get fire damage-over-time from the sash. When you cast nova after that Thermal shock kicks in, and does 10 times the remaining DoT as frost damage. Thermal shock also crits in a non-lily build (is multiplied by 5 with lily every time), and is boosted by +frost damage.

So in higher trials you get 50% from beam, 50% from thermal shock. Note that the build works without the frostbeam bracers, but you miss the beam part of the damage. I did t144 without the bracers for test, currently at 151 with it.

Lastly, you cannot aim the beam. I also thought you could, when watching other videos a few weeks ago. So you can't aim it, but somewhat get used to it and can sometimes predict where it will aim. It's an intuitive thing, I did maybe 10 30-minute xp boosters to get here

More lastly, the DfA build also relies on the same principle - igniter's sash DoT and thermal shock afterwards.

• Citizen055
      Citizen055 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok cool. I didn’t realize the Frostbeam bracers would be such high damage - other BoM I have found range from 60% up to 180%. It so looks like you are sweeping the frostbeam side to side but I guess that is happening on its own so good to know I might be able to use FB on mobile.

Thanks!

• Skyla
      Skyla commented
      Editing a comment
      The description of FB is complex also, dmg is increased not only by how long you hold the beam without cancelling it, but also whether the enemy is frozen (or considered frozen). So those are a couple more factors to watch for.

The sweeping effect is from your targeted enemy, meaning that once you've melted your target enemy, the beam readjusts itself to your next available target and so on.
      Keeping in mind the key word "itself".. If you try to readjust it manually to a different target then it cancels the spell. Hence the confusion I'm sure

It should be mentioned that one of the tricks you use - Vortexing mobs *into* the beam after casting it - is, as far as I know, a PC exclusive. On mobile the Vortex cast will cancel the Beam.

Comment

FB bracers = Bracer of mastery?

Comment

• Anjaeka
        Anjaeka commented
        Editing a comment
        Frost Beam bracers of mastery.
    Working...
    X