FrostFire Thermal Shock One-Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FrostFire Thermal Shock One-Shot

Was inspired by video posted by bojck to figure out wtf.. Took me a bit since last I used my mage any was before GMC. I had to figure out how I was doing it.., I was doing it, but I didn't know how.
    I figured it out, so I figured I'd share.
    Hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by Skyla; 07-20-2020, 11:01 PM.
    QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
    Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Nice vid thanks for sharing....the damn belt still elude me....!

Comment

Does this work on high TL's. Say TL140+? Seems like a great way to get into the high trials if it does.

Comment

• Skyla
        Skyla commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotta remember I'm on mobile, i think I might be closer to being able to do 140 if I was on PC.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm mobile only player as well, also practically a beginner mage player. So anything like this is always welcome.

• bojck
        bojck commented
        Editing a comment
        Well the video does a great job explaining where that thermal shock damage comes from, I'm just replying to the 't140+' question

I think Kinnu managed to make it past 140 on mobile, which is huge! For me even an old laptop is better than phone for high trials. I'm ok with Xp farming on mobile, especially with the fire (DfA) build

Even if you do all of the things mentioned above correctly, you won't always be able to one-shot the boss. I think the explanation has to do with whether the one shot is hit critically or not. So you should get to one-shot the boss about 40-45% of the time.

Comment

Just got off work and gave it a short go. Was at T97 and went as far as 105 testing the results (will go further once I Craft a better set of gear, this is still in the crap gear).
        My problem is I haven't maged in a while, and I'm not on PC.
        It takes me 6 mins to clear the enemies and spawn the boss.
        It takes me 45 seconds to kill Kara at 105 when properly executing the FrostFire Thermal Shock.
        About 3 "one shot"s and some clean up.
        If you're doing it wrong, you can execute about 50 before she dies.
        It's about making sure they're frozen (or counted as) before you "pull the trigger" with your frost spell.
        That's why I say stack northern Wind until you hit about 10 secs worth of buff, then cast Frostbeam, then with 50+stacks of FrostFire, you'll execute with frost spell and see the chunk of life leave.

Considering my warriors only at TL120, it's not likely I'll be able to fully answer the question of T140, but I will give an update after I fully setup in this method. And I predict it might take me a high as my warrior at least if I can perfect the clearing part and spawn the boss early enough.
        ​​
        Last edited by Skyla; 07-21-2020, 06:47 PM.
        QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635

Comment

QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635

Comment

T111
            Last edited by Skyla; 07-22-2020, 01:06 AM.
            QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635

Comment

QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635

Comment

Skyla I have a question and I hope it’s not too dumb. Don’t see full frost spell setups on the LB really. I think the main reason for this is that the benefits of being able to use Shatter to perms-Aggro mobs makes for so much time efficiency. But since your using full frost and crushing I figured I’d ask.

edit:
                Actually I have second & third questions.
                1). I’ve done some back and forth comparisons at my current highest lvl (t138) and don’t notic too much difference*. The frozen Frostfire stacks seldom if ever diminish in the small time lapse between finishing beam and being able to cast nova again. I mean it gets up to 60 stacks and usually is at 60 or 59 when I cast. So what’s the point of going full frost spells? The dmg I get per Thermal Shock isn’t noticeably different when running immolate vs blizzard*

*It takes many many beam/shocks to kill t138 Elban, no matter which skill I equip. There’s nothing like a one shot. Maybe this’s too high a lvl for a one shot and I’m outta context, apologies if that is so.
                **I went into the testing ground and tested. I consistently get more dmg outta thermal shock with immolate equipped over blizzard.

2). Why do you repeatedly let yourself die vs Slban in that video? Is there some tactic or loophole I’m missing?

Last edited by Maniac; 08-25-2020, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• Skyla
                  Skyla commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A few things, hopefully answering the few questions,..
                  The video was just me testing primarily thermal shock, and I was trying to increase my chances of having the enemy count as frozen, is the only reason for full frost setup. I think somewhere I've stated that you can increase the damage output by switching spells, but like I said I was trying to figure out thermal shock mechanics, not necessarily show high damage. If that makes sense.
                  Secondly, the Elban thing was just me giving him his health back, to attempt a one shot with him at full health, or as close to full as I can. Again, because I was testing the thermal shock mechanics(I was new to it and couldn't quite figure the mechanics of it versus shatter right away) and showing the damage it could do when properly executed.
                  Lastly, yes you are absolutely correct when you say you're too high a level. The one shot effect stops being a one shot very early, matter of fact the trial level in the video is about the highest you'll get a massive chunk like that. It directly starts diminishing after that, and tbh t138 is quite out of my (and the videos) league currently ;D It's flattering but very unnecessary to try to compare the video in that way. I'm sure at that level you'll do way more damage alternating shatter and shock.
                  So without a doubt, set up like the LBs, this was just a how to on thermal shock. )

I'm definitely jealous of your survivability. I still splat pretty quick

Comment

• Skyla
                  Skyla commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The armor gems are beast now, they help a ton

Is there a soft cap on Skills like CR/CD/AR etc...? What tends to be the point where you don't necessary care about those and add other things like Vitality and Armor for Gemstones?

Yes I'm a Mage for reference.

Is it buried in guides somewhere that I've missed?

Comment

• Skyla
                  Skyla commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What tends to be the meta is ability at around 50 to 65% and haste at around 4 to 7. Many people will agree, if not everyone, that cr and cd are always applied when available. There are posts I'm sure, hopefully they'll end up here in the mage quarters eventually but as of now you'd have to search.
                  No soft cap really, aside from diminishing effect on haste.
              Working...
              X