Kara 155 craziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kara 155 craziness

The last minute of a t155 run so you get an idea how crazy Kara fights can be...

Been experimenting for 3 hours with different auras, companions, stats, but it's tough... Got her down 3 times within 15 seconds after the timer ended, one time missed it by a second :/

Last edited by bojck; 08-11-2020, 10:52 PM.
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Wowzers. So we need to ingnore the maidens at a certain point?

Comment

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      On the contrary - gotta do your best to take them down soon. Ideally when a maiden pops up, use immo, vortex, beam and try to kill it fast. Problem is - it sometimes takes two or even three beams, meanwhile Kara spawns more of them. They do high damage, and the aids with the whip have long range... All in all it's the most freestyle boss fight

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      Normally the best way to deal with Kara is at a closer range, because the regular attacks are way easier to avoid than her multi-shot. You just try to line up the aids wiith Kara and beam at both (as in the last part of the video). Vortex helps with this

Mobile players can't use vortex while FB is active. Not fair.

Comment

• Shade Glow
      Shade Glow commented
      Editing a comment
      You just cast Vortex before casting Frost Beam. I'm in the habit of doing that on PC anyway. This reduces DPS loss, because it allows the beam to hit all the targets from the moment you begin casting.

• Icedin
      Icedin commented
      Editing a comment
      While clearing mobs I prefer to vortex during the frostbeam. Since the ranged mobs will shoot you immediately after the vortex CC ends, I like timing the Vortex so the Frostbeam ends just as the CC ends. But during a boss fight, vacuum before Frostbeam.

Hats off for just getting to 155. Thanks for sharing. I always fight Kara up close because I didn't think that her attacks had such limited range that you could just fight her from a distance. Looks really intense; a lot of minions. Can't you slow down her minion spawning with Time Warp?

Comment

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I also did so until 150, but at 155 had to rework my strategy for when things with maids got out of hand. Still trying to spend the most time possible at closer range, avoiding Kara's regular attacks and the maids'. The spread-attack range is actually quite long, and it has very high damage, so it's hard to avoid those...

It was so crazy that after 3 hours I switched to 154 to chill with a Garm run

Luckily 155 is down now, and 156 was way more relaxed

• Shade Glow
      Shade Glow commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, nothing like a nice relaxing bugged Garm fight!

I ignore the minion who boosts her armor when im short of time, and only kill the other one. Since im on mage

Comment

Working...
    X