ELR Mage: trial 144 with frostbeam vs dfa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ELR Mage: trial 144 with frostbeam vs dfa

A little comparison between Frostbeam and Death from Above.

Trial 144 is low for the beam build: with the current gear I'm running t158. It is a bit too high for the fire build. With the beam I can clear the mob phase in less than 90 sec, whereas with DfA after 5 minutes the green bar is still at 10%

I'm doing full map pulls here just for fun - this isn't optimal on higher trials because of too many stacking auras and healers.

Gear is the same in both videos, except for the bracer of mastery and belt:
    Frost build: frostfire sash, frostbeam bracer, +frost damage
    Fire build: igniter's sash, DfA bracer, +frost damage (+frost boosts thermal shock in both builds)

Last edited by bojck; 08-26-2020, 04:19 PM.
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Very nice...and no greater argument for there being separate leaderboards for PC and mobile.

This is unattainable for those of us trying to perform rapid sign language on a touch screen at 20FPS while dodging our own buff/debuff icons and attempting to attack and move as commands unrelated to each other.
    2x Mage Huffjenkem
    BH Ichifuku
    Warrior Fhqwhgads
    Warrior Yassqueen

Comment

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      It's definitely harder to move on mobile, more so on phone, but trial 150+ is still doable with mage. You can check some of 100licad's bounty hunter videos - he's doing a great job on mobile, and he's quite precise with moving and dodging.

Btw I'm pushing trials on an old laptop that often dips down to 20fps, and it's alright. I really like the PC gameplay, would recommend it if you have access to any computer... Mobile isn't bad either, but I prefer to use it for farming only
      Last edited by bojck; 08-27-2020, 06:16 AM.

finally threw in the towel; conceded; switched to the darkside from fire build to beam build. with only changing my belt and bracer, i've immediately cleared 4 additional trials on my first four tries - the fourth one fast enough to skip a trial. it's sad how unbalanced the builds are - and i've been the only person whose stuck with the fire build and actually placed in the leaderboards in these past gold and bronze ANBs, so i'm pretty decent with fire build.

echomirage - i'll agree- beam build is easier to play on PC, especially at higher trials, but it is playable on tablet. when i switched earlier today, i was on my old, old ipad mini that struggles to maintain 30 fps, and i cleared 134 on my first try with beam build. is pc better? for sure. but, you could easily place top 100 in an ANB on mobile

Comment

• echomirage
      echomirage commented
      Editing a comment
      That ability to move precisely though. Heh. I’ll keep my chin up.

I see your using 8..... toughness on 144 garm. But what do you use for Elban? I'm at him on 148 and 1.5 mil seems a bit low. What's your take on it?

Comment

Actually that's pretty much my toughness for 154 Garm I'm trying 158 Elban with 900k to 1.3M now, and higher toughness definitely helps. With 1.3M I can tank more of his regular attacks. Both ways I'm a bit short on time, so I'm not sure what's best. In any case it depends on how you play... It doesn't make sense to lower toughness so much that you can't make a clean run.

P.S. you do have movement speed on both boots and pants, right?
      Last edited by bojck; 09-03-2020, 07:34 AM.
      Mage: Anba
      Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

It seems that I see the monsters on the PC seem to move slower than the phone monster

Comment

• bojck
          bojck commented
          Editing a comment
          depends on your zoom level

Only have MS on boots atm, so if I lower my toughness and gain more power I can't tank all of his auto attacks. I usually get him after 6 min for mob phase, working on that but its tough on my galaxy s8.

Comment

• bojck
          bojck commented
          Editing a comment
          Well 148 on phone is already quite impressive! I currently need 5:15-6 minutes for Elban, and my best (mob phase) clear is 4:30... Unfortunately couldn't piece it together in one run :/

Btw why do you push solely on mobile?

Cuz when i have time to go on pc i play WoW. Have a busy job, wife and 2 daughters, and WoW takes up alot of time already

Comment

How can mods chase you without interruption?. When we play, we lure the mods, but they don't chase anymore, but when they go back to their old places, please tip

Comment

• bojck
            bojck commented
            Editing a comment
            Shatter (from the Grand magister weapon set). I remember asking that same question on one of Wispy's videos some months ago It has a very wide range, but it takes some practice to get used to it
        Working...
        X