• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

160 Kara ELR Mage

Passing time in the off-season:

Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Great video, if I stand still to frostbeam like that above TL120, I'm killed by a hail of skeleton arrows. Since you're not, is this a side effect of being able to vortex after launching beam? Or just another PC/Mobile issue?

When I watch my impression is the mobs, maidians and Kara all seem like they are slow motion. Is the video record/playback speeds tweaked or is this a potential issue with lower processor power?

Seriously thank you, I do appreciate higher level videos, my questions are not meant as critiques but actual questions as a I note perceived differences in play experience with my devices, which I notice difference between my devices. Yes, I recognize that good play can make things look out of whack too, I see you deftly dodging the 3rd Kara shot that would kill you consistently. That's good play.
    Last edited by NoSuchReality; 11-24-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

These are perfectly valid questions! So yes, a hail of arrows is always deadly when pushing. With the toughness I usually use, I can't normally tank an elite archer's arrow, so I dodge a lot. The differences between PC and mobile are timing and beam distance, because of vortex. Dodging the hail of arrows isn't that much harder on mobile, the tough part is maximizing beam damage before that... It's currently impossible to deal the same damage on mobile.

Game and playback speed are normal - Kara's attacks travel quite slowly indeed. They are way easier to dodge than Garm's spits. The issue is that there are too many things to watch out for: her high attack speed, the nasty multi-shot, the arrows, and especially maidens. If you combine all that, the fight is very fast-paced (unless you have a ton of toughness and LoH). Perhaps projectiles might travel slower on higher framerates, but I'm not sure because my mac is capped at 60...
      Mage: Anba
      Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

NoSuchReality two tips on the hail of skeleton arrows / mob projectiles.

1. if you vortex when you beam, you're safe until the mobs start to break up, which you can see. you then have about one more second before the arrows get you - so if you watch for that, you can get a little extra beam in and still get away. on PC you get more time than mobile, because you can vortex after you start the beam, but the mechanics are the same either way.
        2. not all mob groups have arrows / projectiles. when you're doing larger or higher level mob pulls that don't die in one beam, peel off when they start to disperse the first time, and then try to see if any projectiles come out. if not, then you're safe to beam for much longer.

hope those help.

Comment

Thanks, yes I try to do that which on mobile is a little more persnickety. I find if I don’t react nearly instantly to move when the mob de-vortexes, the arrows get me. I need to watch some more and observe the play more. There’s a lot of virtual muscle memory so to speak and I suspect the play is much better about beaming, vortexing after arrows are spent that may buy more time on the vortex breakdown.

Comment

Working...
          X