ELR Mage Trial 140 in 1:39 (1.5.32)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ELR Mage Trial 140 in 1:39 (1.5.32)

A ridiculously fast run I did while 'warming up' for ANB Gold (with my main toon). Enjoy!

Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Awesome run. Also congrats on your top spot in the LBs
    BUWU PEGO FEFE 4758

Comment

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment

Originally posted by bojck View Post
    A ridiculously fast run I did while 'warming up' for ANB Gold (with my main toon). Enjoy!

what is the positive effect that shows, that looks greater essences the fire and the blue one in the shape like greater essence. is that part of the sets.

Comment

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      um you have Elemental fury from ELR set (up to 12 charges), northern wind (from frost nova and GMC weapon set), and some other buffs from items, passives and arc lightning

• Eternium2020
      Eternium2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank u

• Raingold
      Raingold commented
      Editing a comment
      Outrageous! Great coup. Huge congrats on your high ANB achievement, @bojck.

I'm glad Eternium 2020 asked about the icons. My lack of clues is vast. Is there a visual guide to all those Ability and Effect symbols and the color auras? Some are obvious, such as Talisman of Power, but the Glory orb? The yin- yang? The two different stormy blue ones? I still have no idea why my Mage sometimes gets a blue aura, and other times it's red. I've read your excellent Guide, and the FAQ, Walkthrough, Eternium for Dummies, etc, and either I've missed an explanation of all these cues or it isn't any place I've looked yet. Super embarrassing, but I have no idea which one is Northern Wind... BTW, thanks for including mobile in your guide and for all the excellent tips. I finally got my clearing-map speed down.
      Last edited by Raingold; 02-09-2021, 01:14 AM.

That is insane LOL.

My very first toon was a mage, never got very good with it. When BH came out I played them exclusively.
    I decided to try Mage this ANB, copied the build (more or less) of one of the top LB players. Finding it fun and refreshing, totally different technique required.
    Watching you just run around and get half the board to MOB you without getting killed just surprises the hex out of me... I cant get mobs to continue to follow me like that its as if they lose interest and run back to thier starting spots.

At the very least, I got a really nice Igneus out of it. Rolled 1700ish top damage until it started leveling up. When it hit 77 it perfected base damage, AR and CR. Haste and CD were a little low, but the Celestial fixed that.

I see a lot of ANB players using the lily. Is that a good long-term item build or just good for ANB?

Click image for larger version

Name:	iggy.JPG
Views:	819
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	191692
    Attached Files

Comment

• LonesomeCrow1963
      LonesomeCrow1963 commented
      Editing a comment
      By shatter, that is the effect of Frost Nova and then Immolate correct? I have such a hard time keeping the order correct.
      Does it matter if the "counted as frozen" enemies are still on screen? No matter what i try they lose agro on me, or swarm me and wipe me out haha. Im not very good at Mage fighting apparently.

This ANB I hit the wall on 135 Kara. Cannot kill her nor avoid her damage and minions.
      Gonna give up, only have about 40 minutes left and I already accomplished my goal. Besides I just finished 12 full hours of bronze recently, ugh.. heh.

Maybe I need a dedicated PC. This 60hz laptop is ok, but... cannot do the things the LB tops can do. My BH has a perfect set, cannot go past CL150.

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah gotta have some rest between marathons... Still got one week for that last 40 minutes though : )

For shatter - just cast nova on an enemy, and while Northern wind is up, all enemies on the screen and a bit further a counted as frozen. So casting immolate anywhere will trigger shatter. You can check the tutorials - there's a link to Wispy talking shatter and thermal shock in Wispy detail :P

Btw I'm also playing on a 60fps laptop, and it's fine for this build. Perhaps a better PC will 'register' a bit more hits and therefore more damage, but that's not confirmed. Certainly hardware isn't nearly as important for elr mages than it used to be for arcanists two seasons ago, when that discrepancy was easily reproducible in training grounds.

• LonesomeCrow1963
      LonesomeCrow1963 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am failing to understand the quickness some players can kill things with basically the same gear if its not the machine you run on.

I killed L151 Magroth a few minutes ago with LoneCrow (BH), but the timer expired a few seconds too soon. Got to him with around 1:50 to go.
      Looking at leaderboard stats baffles me how they could get 15-19 levels further when equipment is basically similar and CL are close more or less.

Anyway...
      Must be techniques I am just not grasping. I know huge mobs are key to start, but surviving them with the new frenzied chargers and one-shotters is proving to be a fun killer for me. Ill see if I can find these tutorials you mention. I've more or less just winged it on my own.
      Last edited by LonesomeCrow1963; 02-02-2021, 10:01 PM.

Ok, here's my question. Whenever Frost Beam is used, it sounds like an increase in clicking on the keyboard. I've noticed this with other ELR runs. What is the reason behind that?

Comment

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      There should be just in-game sounds in this one. Maybe you've come across some other videos where I forgot to turn the mic off, perhaps the clicking sounds are from repositioning an old mouse... Only keys I press during frostbeam are those for vortex/stun
Working...
X