Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the BoM % increase for skills translate to in game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does the BoM % increase for skills translate to in game?

Since I'm using a warrior, by equipping fire lily and removing my fury head so I have 5 fury (no power bonus) with no power infusion and as far as I'm aware nothing increasing my dmg which would skew results (haste on the BoM doesn't matter since I care about dmg per cast but power would and fortunately this frenzy BoM has no power on it), I ran a test.

The test: This consists of casting frenzy in a large amount so that dmg per cast is stabilized and hopefully more accurate and comparing this to the exact same test but without the frenzy BoM will hopefully allow me to calculate what this means in game (eg damage is doubled quadrupled etc).

The frenzy BoM I have says it increases Frenzy dmg by 95%
    After 1500 casts of Frenzy with the BoM, the damage per cast is 2.43M and total damage at 3.64B (as an extra data point)) and without the BoM, we have after 1502 casts that damage per cast is 1.30M and total damage is at 1.95B

Theoretically then should it not be the case that if I multiply damage without BoM by 1.95, I should arrive at the value with BoM?

1.3 x 1.95 = 2.535 which isn't quite the 2.43 I found similarly 1.95 x 1.95 = 3.8025 which isn't quite the 3.64 I was found either.
    Can the difference be ignored or is there something here I should be aware of which could be causing the discrepancy? or perhaps is my testing method and calculations flawed in some way?

The values I recorded above give me 2.43/1.3 = 1.87 (to 2 d.p) which would be an 87% increase in my frenzy damage.

Assuming that I can just ignore the difference then since I have a BoM for leap we can take some values for this too.Fortunately this BoM also does not have power on it either so the increase in damage shouldn't be higher than I expect. Then with the same methodology above

After 50 casts of leap (which is as much as I can endure sitting around) the dmg per cast is 3.89M and total 194.24M. This thread from almost a year ago notes the phenomenon that the leap BoM doesn't actually increase the leap dot so to confirm this for myself I'll not also the leap dot values which were 276.6k per cast with 1458 casts and 403.25M total dmg.

Also as an interesting note for info I did not previously know leap dot casts 30 times for 15 seconds of bleed, tested by using leap once and seeing how many times the dot was cast, which simply computes to 1 cast every 0.5 seconds or "the bleed procs at a rate of 2 times every second".

The leap BoM I have says it increases leap dmg by 969% lmao
    With the BoM, 50 casts of leap produces 41.28M dmg per cast and total 2.06B dmg with the dot casting 1482 times with 260.3k dmg per cast and 385.75M dmg total.

It appears that indeed the leap BoM still does not affect leap dot.

Here damage should be increased by 9.69 times. Then 3.89 x 9.69 = 37.6941 which is surprisingly less than the tested value with the leap BoM.
    The recorded value in fact tells me that 41.28/3.89 = 10.61 (to 2dp) which is actually a 1061% increase in damage.

What gives then with the difference?
    Last edited by ; 10-15-2022, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the testing and report!

Each BoM increases the base damage of the skill by the stated amount. You made a small mistake for the Leap BoM, the +969% translate to a 10.69 factor, which is confirmed by your data.

I guess you used a Lily to suppress damage variation due to Critical Hits? You can also remove the weapons, then the damage is constant. Plus, it's small, which helps avoid rounding issues.

Here are the damage of one Leap, with and without a +817% BoM:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	214746

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1517.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	214747

The test was done with a Warrior with almost only Grey gear, hence the small damage.

You can see that the Leap DoT is not increased by the BoM, and that the Leap damage is increased by a factor of 9.17027, as expected.
      Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
      Eternium Files

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        So I forgot that 95% increases translates to 1.95x and thus 969% would then correlate to a 10.69x increase. As for the philosophy on testing with minimal gear and weaponry, that'll be a good lesson for me for any further testing I'll do. Appreciate the feedback.

• LodWig
        LodWig commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re welcome. I was glad to see you were willing to do rigorous and independent testing.
    Working...
    X