End Game Speed Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Game Speed Running

I have found Keaven's Eternium Walkthrough very helpful, but I don't entirely understand the advice on speed running (with unlocked high-level gear) for end-game heroes. The general idea seems to be doing the speed runs in a way that minimizes XP gained -- i.e. kill few enemies, wear unlocked gear optimized for DPS rather than XP, and assign no CL points to XP.

What is accomplished by slowing down leveling? Is this just to keep movement speed high, or is there some other advantage? Also, what is "tanking jewelry?"
    Last edited by Vedova; 12-05-2022, 02:35 AM.

"End Game" in the context where you are reading is for a profile that has "End Game" Champion Levels rather than actually using the hero with gear lowered down to a very low level for actual end game pushing.

That whole section is for speed farming gems. This only relates to end game play if you consider having gems contributing to your end game.

The sole advantage to having level 77 gear unlocked down to level 2 or lower is to gain the boost in Movement Speed though you also get a major boost to Damage and Toughness at lower hero levels also. Keeping your hero as low of a level as possible for as long as possible allows you to maintain the boosted Movement Speed, Damage and Toughness. Your Recovery is also boosted.

"Tanking jewelry" is just that. Jewelry configured to allow the hero to tank the hits received. This means high Toughness jewelry. You really should not need Recovery on your jewelry while running story levels when you get 1000 Life on Hit from your Champion Points if you are at least Champion Level 300.

Answer your questions?

Comment

Sure does answer my questions -- thanks Tin Man!

I played Eternium for several years, just for fun and stress relief, mostly doing story levels during bits of free time here and there. Over time, even such mindless play will lead to higher CL and better gear. So I acquired CL of 1000+ and fairly good gear without doing research or engaging in competitive play. I do some speed running because it suits my style of quick stress-relief play.

Last year I became interested in actually understanding the game. At first, many posts on this forum were like a foreign language, However, I read guides and walkthroughs, which explained various abbreviations. I also used online search to find definitions of unfamiliar terms (e.g. META). I'm not on Discord, so this forum has become a valuable resource for me. Sometimes it' s embarrassing to ask questions I suspect are pretty basic, so I appreciate the patient and knowledgeable players who take the time to help!

Comment

Working...
      X