What are the odds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the odds?

With my bounty hunter, I keep a tab of my Stash reserved for all 5 Sets of armor, swapping in pieces as I find something better, just in case I want to play with any given set sometime. I just ran across something that made me do a double-take. I compared the L74 Stalker gloves I just got to those I had stored. Both have completely identical attributes:
    600 Armor
    77.1% CD
    57.6% extra gold
    +110 Dodge
    +108 AR

Does this mean attributes aren't really random or use some kind of seed that is subject to repetition?

Does this mean attributes aren't really random or use some kind of seed that is subject to repetition?
    Yes, attributes are picked with a seeded pRNG, and the seed can repeat. Sometimes even between the three drops of one trial.

I can tell you got these drops playing the Windows or Steam version, for killing the boss on a Trial level 100 or higher. The odds for this particular item, or for a repetition of any item, are hard to get, a good approximate number is 1 against 32768 (size of the pseudo-random space on the Windows or Steam version).
    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
    Eternium Files

Comment

• Ender1970
      Ender1970 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's interesting, thanks for the confirmation!
Working...
X