Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about China?

Hi,
    on the leaderboards there used to be lots of Mages (I only play Mage, so don't know about Warrior and BH) with the names Kor... and China...

The Kor... Mages are still there - actually, in the ANB Gold that just ended, a few hours before the end seven of the Top Ten belonged to that exclusive club.

HOWEVER, as far as I can tell, China... has vanished completely from ANBs.

Why?

Not sure if this is the reason but is around the same timeframe.

Explainer: Why and how China is drastically limiting online gaming for under 18s | Reuters

Comment

Does anyone know how the KORs do it ?
      Could it be superpower hardware, or spending big big $, unknown proc\effect-combo\playstyle or mostly just incredible gaming skills ?
      Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
      [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

From what I understand, there's been some restrictions placed upon Chinese players. Concern by the authorities about how much time is spent by youngsters on games. Shrug. As to the Korean players, it's a different proposition. Online gaming is incredibly big in South Korea. There are tournaments, and even very rich prizes in competitions. It's not surprising then that Korean players dominate the leaderboards. The only way the rest of us can deal with it is...ok, there's the kor players, after that, there's the rest of us. Amusingly, the fact that the kor players are interested in playing makes the game fascinating. These are world class players participating.

Comment

There are RPG games out there (I'll never name them) specifically designed to attract whales and big spenders, who just LOVE to spend money JUST to be on top of the pile -- because they can. And boys and girls, we're not talking about small change ... like $5, $10, $50 upgrades to get better gear or enhancements, often with NO guarantee to deliver high level items. No, no, no my dear snowflakes... these avid gamers with MEANS will spend upwards of $5K, $10K, $25K (some I've seen soaking over $50K!) and broadcast on their YouTube channel inviting their dedicated minion's to watch and vote how to spend their money on gear or attribute improvements.

At first, I couldn't believe what I was watching was real. But it is. There are many rich people out there that really don't mind spending their money just for the glory to be on top. Can't say anything about country trends for these (I've only seen USA gamers, but there has to be others out there from other countries). It's a different world out there if you have money and don't know what to do with it.
          “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Very interesting insights .....cheers From what I gather, Eternium is one of the few games, where money only will not get you in the top positions - outstanding gaming skills are still a prerequisite
            Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
            [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

• Gargos
              Gargos commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it's possible to spend big in a Gold ANB to craft all 77 gear...and maybe achieve a top result. I recall observing how a Warrior crafted nearly 500 items, and saying it was like an industrial production line. Another player (who knew the player) commented that this player was as wealthy as a small country The player made the top 10 in that Gold, but wasn't champ...

• Bali_Lenni
              Bali_Lenni commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeps, that is the point. Not sure how ANB & season compare. But all 77 gear , even slightly celestial orbed, my meager mobile maelstroms have never been able to break the dragon @152 ...so I imagine the player who made the top 10, was still a pretty good player and if I am not completely wrong, many top players do not spend exceeding amounts of jewels to get there....
          Working...
          X