feeling ROBBED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling ROBBED!

Ive been grinding for gems to get ready for the next anb and was up to about 1390. I was rummaging in my old original stash box (i recently bought the extra stash) and with one slight accidental touch i was suddenly one slot richer and about 900 gems poorer. I almost smashed my phone against the wall. Ive experienced this once before about 3 months ago in the armory and was able to overcome the frustration but this time i don't think so. I've been playing for almost a year now and in that year I've devoted hr upon hr of my life to this game. This game has caused relationship problems at home because of how much time i spend on it and I've even gotten wrote up at work for being on my phone on the production floor playing this game. Eternium is and always will be dear to me. In the past year I've experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows and I've loved the ride. But this feels like a stab in the back. I know i made the error but it just feels like there should be some kind of backup to protect things like this from happening. Its only 900 gems, but i feel demoralized over it... Frustrated, sad, sick and frankly just tired. So i think this is farewell. I hate that after everything its ending like this but i have decided to take a knee. Good luck to everyone and Bounty Hunters rule!

Good gawd, man, take it easy!

It appears you need to consider scaling back from the gaming and re-focus on things that should be FAR more important in your life: your mental and physical health, your family, and your job. Playtime, including gaming and the inevitable errors made during gameplay, should be reserved for ... well ... playtime!

Perhaps when you're back on the right path, and resetting R/L priorities, you can come back and visit. Until then, I recommend taking a DEEP breath, look around you to where you're at and need to be, and re-establish what's most important to you (HINT-HINT: It should NOT be Eternium).
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

As usual, very wise advice which will be taken most respectfully. Thanks bro. However, not to worry, don't get the wrong idea... my life is great and outside of the in-game frustrations I'm blessed in regard to happiness.

Comment

A long shot as typically in-game actions are permanent. You message Travis with your Public ID and ask if you could and would be willing to rollback your account to the last save point. Would have to do it quickly though.

Comment

Laflame, just about everyone who has been playing this game for any length of time has had something similar happen to them. When I first started playing the game it consumed all my attention and I played it non-stop, just like you. I was so absorbed and would get so upset that I actually did throw my phone across the room. Not my best moment in life nor one that I'm proud of! I've had finger fumbles where I've lost hundreds of gems on things I absolutely did not want. I've mistakenly deleted CTed gear pieces that I wanted to keep. I even deleted a hero decked out in a complete L77 gear set, thereby losing the hero and all of the gear because I was playing when I should have been sleeping!

Needless to say, it's taken me a while to realize that while Eternium is a great game, it's only a game. As WarriorSeven noted, there are other things in life with greater importance. More than once I've sworn off the game and deleted it from my devices. But I'd find myself missing those aspects of the game that I enjoyed. I still play now, but not with the blind intensity that I use to have. Now I play when I have the time, and just to have fun. I don't let mistakes or poor finishes in ANBs ruin my day or week like they did in the past. Taking a break doesn't mean you have to abandon the game completely. You don't need to give up, you just need to find the right balance.

Comment

I’m wondering why there isn’t a “are you sure you want to buy a slot for 900 gems?” prompt on this item.

Comment

Working...
            X