Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Estharon View Post
    All the rage about the BR fix ;D

To be honest, BR is (was?) one of the most parasitic abilities for warrior. It makes (made?) DWBR a far superior build, which stifles variety a lot. I'm not too sad about the fix.
    The "parasitic" effect of it's synergy is with WW which is/was needed to clear maps. All I'm seeing is that they are taking away 1 viable build and making SW the go to build. That's not exactly choice, making them both viable builds would be choice.

I'm seeing changes made to BH to normalise them up to Mage level I'm not seeing that with Warrior yet.

Given its Beta hopefully there will be further number sweeps.

I think people have got short memories given the s"*t storm of "emotions" when adjustments were made to Mages not so long back
    Last edited by Dave; 06-29-2017, 08:09 PM.
    Account deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
      They fixed bugs on the mage. They did not buff or nerf it. BR was broken good for warrior if you consider life on hit and pvp
      They fixed Mages bugs without any other adjustment, in doing so they buffed it.

In the absence of some kind of trinket effect Warriors LoH will be useless against Mage and BH given the control they both have.

"PvP" is going to be 2 seconds of an uninspiring orgy of who can draw symbols the quickest
      Account deleted

Comment

Do we all speak about the same hack and slash looter game which is out for years without any signs of multiplayer or PvP?)
        @Led, I'm affraid you are mistaken. There are so many tweaks needed to add multiplayer, and BR in PvM is probably the last thing devs would care about designing it. Im saying it coz Im software dev. It's just an intentional change in behavior affecting PvM and overall classes popularity/diversity. Nothing more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          "PvP" is going to be 2 seconds of an uninspiring orgy of who can draw symbols the quickest
          Not if you have a lot of toughness. If you have 10 million toughness, even if they have 1 million damage you'll still be ok, especially since you have such a high chance to parry block or dodge.

Comment

I look at it like this, im not loyal to any one class as I play all 3, but my warrior with 5million toughness and 850,000 recovery would be near impossible to kill considering he has 160,000 dps and to bring the dps required to kill him, the warrior would kill you so much faster, Even my mage with nearing 1m dps would not last vs the warrior as the warrior can kill my mage in 1 hit.
            The warrior while very bad at trials is KING at Story and will soon be king of PVP, so 2 out of 3 is not bad.

With the mage, fixing frost beam (a skill so broken with a bug you could never use it as intended) is not a buff, it's just putting the skill to where it should have been 6 months ago when it was released, if it now proves to be too good the devs can adjust it down.

The main difference now between mage and warrior is the mage has alot more viable skills (if frost beam is now good), Im thinking of a slowtime, blink, frost beam combo......

Originally posted by vo1d View Post
            Do we all speak about the same hack and slash looter game which is out for years without any signs of multiplayer or PvP?
            I have seen the signs, they are there if you know who to ask and where to look. no point looking at the past, it's the future I await......(I just hope the future does not include lv80 as thats the day I wave good-bye to Eternium, its been so impossibly hard to grind the gear I will not do it a 3rd time)
            Last edited by Led; 06-29-2017, 09:19 PM.
            Led

The needer of Nerfs,
            The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
            HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

You know yourself your Warrior with 5million toughness isn't really that tough, it does however legitimately have a fraction of the DPS of your mage.

Frozen/trapped Warrior will parry/dodge/block nothing.
              Parried range damage is 50%

Mages have a great deal of control and escape, couple with their huge burst potential means they will be kings. You know this you've played a variant of this before. There is no support class to prop up the Warriors short comings. Looking at these notes they will be at the bottom of the PvP tree by a mile.

Also if you can't hit it your recovery is gimped to oblivion
              Last edited by Dave; 06-29-2017, 10:09 PM.
              Account deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                Not if you have a lot of toughness. If you have 10 million toughness, even if they have 1 million damage you'll still be ok, especially since you have such a high chance to parry block or dodge.
                You're using Warrior numbers only a tiny fraction of players could get (and they would still be gimping themselves) and Mage numbers that could be achieved by much larger pool of the player base.

Also capped at 95% and parried ranged damage is only reduce 50%
                Account deleted

Comment

You're using Warrior numbers only a tiny fraction of players could get (and they would still be gimping themselves) and Mage numbers that could be achieved by much larger pool of the player base.
                  LED doesn't spend that much time a day playing and he has 5 million toughness, I highly doubt more than a fraction of players can get 1 million damage, not even sure LED has that much

Comment

Topic is going off track a bit. I only compare my heros vs each other for comparion as we are all different
                    What we also need to remeber is there is no mele class as the warrior basically teleports to target making it impossible for mage to react in time and no abilty to run away. Im about 985k dps on mage at moment. Very few will have 1m
                    Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                    The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                    HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

BTW....What do loh and pvp have in common? If you watch the video you will not see what they heal on hit.

Another situation.... Tank fight with tank... It will be endless battle with loh...
                      Last edited by Dyoma; 06-29-2017, 11:07 PM.
                      King of Android play
                      NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

Originally posted by Dyoma View Post
                        BTW....What do loh and pvp have in common? If you watch the video you will not see what they heal on hit.

Another situation.... Tank fight with tank... It will be endless battle with loh...
                        Nice Preview!! Looking forward to this. Now I get what Led is trying to say. BR-before beta speed will definitely be OP for that

Comment

Originally posted by jdonozo75 View Post
                          Nice Preview!! Looking forward to this. Now I get what Led is trying to say. BR-before beta speed will definitely be OP for that
                          All I got from that is that Mages either don't know how to play their class or they were (badly setup) AI based chars.

Also removing LoH seems like a good move

...also BH spanks Warrior.

Would be nice to see some proper PvP
                          Last edited by Dave; 06-30-2017, 07:37 AM.
                          Account deleted

Comment

nice update with new Eileen and fixes.

Comment

Have been waiting for Eileen's new skin for ages. Except for that, this balance was one of the most important updates in late months, if no 2017 at all. Actually, there isn't anything big that has happened to the game since BH released and this can be referred as a masterpiece between all that small updates in 2017. But, the funny fact is that BH (maybe other classes as well) are missing this legendary thing in their description of their skills at the end of their sentence: >>>>>>> . <<<<<<< I thought that as you changed the description of most abilities, it will get fixed. It doesn't gives me any sense if you didn't noticed of that, even rewriting most of the abilities.
                              Last edited by SoulGaming2; 06-30-2017, 05:01 PM. Reason: Better explanation.
                              I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
                              Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                                I must say before I start I read every post but I not on the BETA as I not want to get locked to my phone at the moment.
                                Just tested it and you don't get locked out, you can play the beta AND still play on windows / ios version just fine
                                Gandalf - LETU BUWU HAZI 3646

Comment

Working...
                                X