X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarkHark
    replied
    My thoughts on the first book
    "Professor Xagan", I believe, means Xagan the Blue Mage, the companion we can unlock with gems.
    Alistair Thadden, on the other hand, does not show explicitly ingame, however the first Boss on the very first map is called Mortanimus Thadden. Perhaps "Mortanimus" would be just a title, and his first name could be Alistair? If so, Xagan's letter seem to have arrived a bit too late.

Leave a comment:

• Zudd
    replied
    Coda great work!

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Travis,
    this project is complete, at least until more content is added by Devs.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    See colour of the books in the screenshot, I put Gorgana's last because it's from a dungeon, and you find out about her from Elban's notes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-17-11-51-03.png
Views:	2230
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	118446

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Added remaining books.
    Reordered them based on Nhat's input below.
    Last edited by Coda; 11-17-2018, 01:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Originally posted by Anorak View Post
    Not bad, don't see a useful purpose to post the stuff here when we can see it in game but impressive non the less that you took the time to put it here
    One may quickly read the whole story, as a story, instead of having to look in a zillion different screens.

Leave a comment:

• Anorak
    replied
    Not bad, don't see a useful purpose to post the stuff here when we can see it in game but impressive non the less that you took the time to put it here

Leave a comment:

• Madriax
    replied
    Coda Thankyou. Have a cyber-pat on the back and a digital thumbs up. Great work.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Coda , your work ethic and devotion to this game continues to surpass all expectations. Impressive to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Reserved for future book

{ I'm pretty sure that up to v1.3.17, there are only 5 books? If you know otherwise please send a PM. }
    Last edited by Coda; 11-02-2018, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=117318&d=1541182086.png Views:	1 Size:	199.1 KB ID:	118448

Gorgona’s Origin
    A Chronicle by Koschei the Sage

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    A tale of Gorgona, the mad witch of the Misty Island, and her torturer, Elban the Demiurge.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

From the sea comes the deadliest, most resilient of all life, which is why Ragadam commanded his followers to learn from it in their experiments to create life on the inhospitable surface of Levania. Elban the Demiurge, a clever disciple whose wretched nature was made evident by his fulsome reptilian appearance and hazy breath, followed his esteemed master’s example and found someone else to carry out these experiments for him.

Tending to the secluded grove she called home gave Gorgona both purpose and safety in a time when it felt like either could be snatched from you by Ragadam’s legion. She was so skilled that she didn't even need her magic to grow fruits, vegetables, and nuts, more delicious than could be found anywhere else. No, that magic was reserved for intruders. On those occasions the leaves of the grove would rustle with news of the unwelcome. Most of the time simply having one of the larger, more gnarled trees uproot itself and come marching toward the stray wanderer, would convince them to find a different forest to explore. Gorgona sometimes couldn't help but laugh at the way they flailed as they desperately ran away. She wouldn't have actually hurt anyone who didn't deserve it, but they needn’t know that. They just needed to believe the idea of the scary witch whose laughter echoes after fleeing trespassers.

On this occasion, before she could even return home from scaring off the last wanderer, the grove notified her of a new presence. Not alive… metallic… lots of them trampling savagely. It had to be Ragadam’s automatons! Gorgona hurried to the northern edge of the thick forest expecting the worst. Automatons were generally used as a garrison which meant someone wanted this grove. Arriving quickly, she saw there were several dozen of the small rolling automatons accompanied by about twenty of the larger two-legged models. They were already starting to divide into smaller groups and fan out.

Crouched amongst the tree limbs, Gorgona watched through the shade of the boughs and waited until they were sufficiently far apart, and then gave life to the stout trees she spent so much time tending. Their thick limbs tore the larger automatons apart while their roots and trunks smashed the small ones into the earth and ground them into parts. She swiftly moved to the next group of automatons, and then the next, overseeing similar destruction each time. While dispatching the fourth bunch, she heard a single automaton that had made its way behind her. As she turned to look at it Gorgona sent a tree limb to smash into the construct. She saw it had a deadly multi-arrow arm that could fire a volley and riddle her body. Instead the machine pointed its arm directly up and fired just one shot before being mangled by the grove. Following the shot with her eyes she saw it become a puff of hazy fumes that quickly descended and clung to her.

Elban had his signal. Vanishing Skybreakers who had lain invisible in anticipation of this moment started a hail of meteors. The large, flaming meteor's snapped trees in half while the smaller shards were hurled with such force that they bore holes in anything they impact it on. The fires spread quickly, setting Gorgona's army and home ablaze until a sudden storm began driving sheets of rain to combat them. Elban grinned. The witch was definitely the one to lead the experiments. Then he saw her. She had smashed all of his toys and clearly wanted to do the same to him. Thunder boomed overhead as lightning arced between the clouds.

“Show me the power of your world!” he yelled to her over the winds, with a challenging smug look on his face. Obligingly she dropped bolts of lightning from above. Elban held out his hand and immediately her arsenal was turned against her with the electricity being deflected at her. Gorgona was behind a tree in a flash, and then let out a gasp as she felt a small sting in her back and a hand on her shoulder. She barely had time to question how he'd covered that distance before she looked up and saw the smiling madman. “And I’ll show you the power of Ragadam’s new world.”

There wasn't much to greet Gorgona's senses as she began to awaken. Her face was covered so she could only see the tiniest pinpoints of light. Her mouth was gagged, her arms and legs were bound, she was suspended, and there was very little sound except a scraping noise. A hand on her head and a whisper in her ear indicated that her awakening hadn't gone unnoticed. “The work you’ll be doing on your island is going to teach us so much.” Gorgona smelled something akin to smelted metal on Elban's breath. His lingering touch made her struggle in vain against her bonds. She could not feel the magic of the earth around her. No way to free herself or fight back.

Elban withdrew his hand and stepped away. “But first Ragadam has to teach you about obedience. It's going to take some time to change you for our needs.” The scraping noise she'd heard ended in a loud thump above her. “I'll leave you to your lessons in compliance. Don't worry, we've protected your face with that mask. We’ll only be changing the rest of you. It'll take a year or so before they are through so I hope you’re patient.

Gorgona heard a crank turning and felt her body being lowered into water. Her leg jerked reflexively when something brushed against it. When it then wrapped itself around her leg it felt like a snake. Immediately there were more of them in the water wrapping themselves around every part of her. The small bit of light she could see through the mask was growing narrower and finally disappeared as the crank stopped turning and ended with a clang that told her she was now entombed.

Elban left with his usual satisfied grin on his face. There was nothing left to stick around for, he thought. The warped sea-snakes would pump her full of their venom again and again slowly transforming her body and her mind. “Maybe I should have taken the gag off her mouth so we could hear her scream.

\
    /

Typos & omissions -- let me know!
    Last edited by Coda; 11-17-2018, 01:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=117319&d=1541182431.png
Views:	11174
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	118451

Gorlak Wins!
    A Scribbling by Gorlak the First Aztrak
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    A boastful note by Gorlak the First Aztrak about the fall of Minaris
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

GORLAK WINS!

GORLAK BREAKS WALL AND KILLS MANY HUNDRED.
    AZTRAK KILL SOME HUNDRED TOO.

MINARIS FALLS!

MINARII NOW GO WORK ON DESPARIA.

MASTER ELBAN'S WILL IS DONE.

GORLAK DONE IT!

So wrote Gorlak, the First Aztrak, at the fall of Minaris, for the Glory of Ragadam, may forever in terror His name be spoken.

\
    /

Last edited by Coda; 11-17-2018, 01:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	V3zFitJ.png Views:	1 Size:	200.6 KB ID:	117322

Pyramids of the Gods
    A Journal by High Disciple Elban
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    A journal entry by Elban about the Pyramids of Nirgal.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lord and Master Ragadam, may forever in terror His Name be spoken, has commanded me to restore the fire engines of Nirgal, so that they may power the Crucible beneath Malador and I may complete my work of Firecrafting his Aztrak warriors.

For all the pride I take in my skills, I am humbled by the Master’s knowledge of the inner workings of the worlds, Glory beat to His Name. For before receiving his instructions, the Mirefolk, Dragonbone, and Demonfang essences would not fuse in the Crucible, and I had not the wisdom to know that the Crucible’s fires were burning low.

When the engines beneath the Pyramids are pumping fire again, I shall return to Malador and Firecraft the mightiest of the Aztrak, to be there warlord. In praise of the Master’s boundless knowledge, I will name him Gorlak, for the awe that mortals owe to gods.

\
    /

Last edited by Coda; 11-17-2018, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=117324&d=1541186362.png Views:	1 Size:	200.1 KB ID:	118450

Project Desparia
    A Journal by Elban the Demiurge
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Elban's notes about his project to turn Levania, Elderath's Moon, into Desparia, Ragadam's Domain.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Project Desparia, First Sun
    I, Elban, High Disciple of Lord and Master Ragadam, have descended upon my Master’s former prison wall, the barren moon Levania, and for his Eternal Glory I am tasked with Lifecrafting it into a new world, Desparia, where all creatures will live in terror of His Name.

Project Desparia, Sun 72
    Before losing her mind, back on that island on Elderath, the lying snake-witch has yielded the secrets of LifeCrafting to me. Or so I thought… for most of the things she said were deceits, aimed at ruining my work, curse her name. I will need slaves to do the work that her magic does not.

Project Desparia, Sun 130
    The wretched Mirefolf that Gorlak is sending me from Nirgal are too feeble to work on these arid lands or breathe this thin air. I will have him invade Minaris, and enslave those desert-dwelling, trident-wielding drones. They might do.

Project Desparia, Sun 276
    For his deeds in the seige of the Wall and the fall of Minaris, I honor Gorlak with the title Wallshatter.

Project Desparia, Sun 391
    The drones do good work before they die, and Gorlak Wallshatter is sending a temple full more every Sun. The canals are well underway, as are the forest halls and sun mills.

Project Desparia, Sun 447
    Lord and Master Ragadam, Glory to his Name, has walked the land of Desparia this Sun. Desparia’s forests and critters trembled, Desparia’s dead rose, mumbling His Name in terror, and He was pleased.

Having crafted for Him the race of Aztrak warriors, and having started to craft Him a World, He has honored me with my new title, Elban the Demiurge.

Project Desparia, Sun 529
    That fool ______ has somehow managed to slay Magroth, ride the Broken Dragon here, and is now wasting my drones. I’ll go have a word with Wallshatter, and see how ______ likes Desparia until we return.

\
    /

Last edited by Coda; 11-17-2018, 01:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Coda
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=117323&d=1541186217.png Views:	1 Size:	202.2 KB ID:	118449

Letter to Alistair Thadden
    A Letter by Professor Xagan
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Professor Xagan writes to his colleague, Alistair Thadden, about the concerning events in Elderath.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

To:
    Professor Alistair Thadden
    Anderra Academy of Natural Philosophy

Professor Alexander Xagan
    Lighthouse Laboratory

Dear Alistair,

I hope my letter finds you as tireless and witty as ever.

Alistair, you know I was never one to fall to superstition or to discourage research, but I am very troubled about this Lifecrafting Order at the Academy. Studying Lifecrafting is a noble pursuit, but I fear they are not doing that, my friend.

I have been visited by a triad of Lifecrafters here at the Lighthouse. They have taken to wearing uniforms and bleaching their beards. They requisitioned all the books from the Lighthouse Library against my protests. They were followed by walking skeletons, Alistair!

I fear they are dabbling in necromancy, I think you suspect that too.

The Elderan’s nights have been tormented enough by these restless dead. You know the will that moves them is not of this world, and cannot be bent by us. Raising them only gives more power to their puppeteer, whose name I will not write or utter.

I urge you, try to contain this Lifecrafter Order for as long as you can.

I will arrange for ______ to leave for Anderra.

It is time.

Hoping to hear from you soon, old friend.

Yours truly,
    Alexander

\
    /

Last edited by Coda; 11-17-2018, 01:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X