Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"por acerto" --> "por golpe"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "por acerto" --> "por golpe"?

    Since "acertar" can also mean "to even out / to make right", maybe all the "on hit" terminology could be better phrased as "por golpe" than as "por acerto".

    I am not Brazilian, but IIRC "golpear" wouldn't be unheard of in Bz.Port...

  • #2
    I would rather say "por impacto", same as in Spanish. It is proper portuguese as well and a more accurate translation.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have just noticed that Portuguese language is avaliable, nice!
      Life "por golpe" or "por acerto" would mean the same... both are used in other games as "life on hit".
      It took me some time to figure out that "presteza" means haste. Presteza is a very unusual word in portuguese (at least in Brazil).
      There are just some words left to complete the translation: some set bonuses from the warrior sets, and the abilities names when you click in "view trial stats" button.

      Comment


      • #4
        Just my 2 cents....loh...translated to pt-pt means....vida por acerto....im portuguese and its kind of weird the translation...but is what means.

        Comment


        • #5
          Kinda hard to explain, but as a native speaker, I read "vida por acerto" more as "life by settlement" than as "life on hit"... maybe "vida ao acertar"?

          Re: Presteza -> most definitely also *not* used over here... what is it, an archaic form of "pressa"? I think "Celeridade" would be the best way to convey the "Haste" significance in this context.

          hades0505 : "por impacto" sounds good, but, more for blunt weapons than edge ones (imho).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
            Kinda hard to explain, but as a native speaker, I read "vida por acerto" more as "life by settlement" than as "life on hit"... maybe "vida ao acertar"?

            Re: Presteza -> most definitely also *not* used over here... what is it, an archaic form of "pressa"? I think "Celeridade" would be the best way to convey the "Haste" significance in this context.

            hades0505 : "por impacto" sounds good, but, more for blunt weapons than edge ones (imho).
            They translated it as "por golpe" to Spanish, and it feels awful. From the Portuguese I know (from the Northern part of Portugal) por impacto it sounds better for me than por golpe. As, for instance, "as balas impactan no objectivo" vs. "as balas golpean no objectivo". Both are proper, but the first one sounds better.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hades0505 View Post

              They translated it as "por golpe" to Spanish, and it feels awful. From the Portuguese I know (from the Northern part of Portugal) por impacto it sounds better for me than por golpe. As, for instance, "as balas impactan no objectivo" vs. "as balas golpean no objectivo". Both are proper, but the first one sounds better.
              well, yes, but albeit correct, "impactar" is not really used as a verb in Portuguese ("golpear" would be even less used though...). I can agree "por impacto" may be the lesser evil though. That, or the "ao acertar" that I suggested.

              Comment


              • #8
                I agree whit José..."ao acertar"...has portuguese sounds better....or a liltle better lol.

                Comment


                • #9
                  "Por golpe" soa melhor pra mim do que "Por acerto", quanto ao "haste", acho que "pressa", "ímpeto" ou algo do tipo ficaria bem melhor.. Mas não jogo em português, então não sei se ainda usam essa tradução de "presteza"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GustGab View Post
                    "Por golpe" soa melhor pra mim do que "Por acerto", quanto ao "haste", acho que "pressa", "ímpeto" ou algo do tipo ficaria bem melhor.. Mas não jogo em português, então não sei se ainda usam essa tradução de "presteza"
                    Tto qto sei, ainda está como Presteza, sim. A minha sugestão para essa seria Celeridade, apenas porque "pressa" lembra tipo corrida/movimento e "impeto" lembra impulso/iniciativa... n sei, acho que "celeridade" ia mais ao encontro do significado em contexto.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Vida por chinada também dava?
                      FUSO PAFU ZOCA 5463

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X