Haste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haste

How much haste do you need as ELR? and what would be best gloves enchantment for mages? Thanks!

Depends a lot on your build and gear. For a frostbeam push build I'd say 2k +- 300, for xp somewhat less. DfA build needs less. You got to consider what you need attack speed for in your particular build, and how much damage you gain by adding haste. Note that alacrity is not as good as before, so you benefit less from adding haste in that regard.

Glove enchantments - there's no clear winner. Since armor was updated in this patch, it's now a good choice. Either this or dodge
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not straightforward. The difference comes not from the skills themselves, but by the sash that fits each build (Frostfire/Igniter's). Frostfire sash DoT stacks are haste-dependent, while Igniter's stacks are not.

There's a lot more to optimizing haste for the particular build, gear and purpose, but that's a long topic

• Montresor
      Montresor commented
      Editing a comment
      so i was in complete agreement here, and then noticed that i sometimes get higher stacks from DFA on kara. i hadn't looked at DFA's but in looking at it, i feel like it's different than it used to be and reads as if haste might have more impact than it used to: "basic attacks have a 10% chance to add a fiery charge increasing the number of missiles and special attacks have a 100% chance to add 1-3 charges".

before, i felt like attacks would only add up to a specific amount of charges, and now it sounds more open ended? also i don't remember the special attacks boost to the charges from before?

when i get a chance i'll play around with some different haste values in TG

• Montresor
      Montresor commented
      Editing a comment
      so did a little testing and - aside from discovering that Regalia Pads don't actually boost dfa charges - haste does in fact impact the number of charges, but not by a lot; and the number of charges from a single DFA seems to have a limit at 26. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Working...
X