What is fireball meteor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is fireball meteor ?

Two pieces grant a 500% fireball meteor bonus, yet there is no such an item amongst my abilities or attacks. So what is fireball meteor ?

Death From Above?

Comment

It's part of the primary attack fireball. I think you get it when fireball is at level 10 as an additional damage.
      Mobile only
      ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
      Warriors, BHs Argon
      Mages Tuca

Comment

• MNIL
        MNIL commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Argon. That looks like quite a weak attack compared to arcane bolts, especially when AB damage can be doubled by just a couple of arcanist items. Would you still suggest to opt for ELR set plus fireball attack instead?

• Argon
        Argon commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as i can tell ELR with frostbeam is the most powerfull setup for mages and probably uses frost bolt and arc lighting.
        Second best seems to be ELR with Death from Above, where fireball is my primary attack because the DfA sash gives combust dot from DfA and fireball meteor, leading to big thermal shock damages. And combust only works on targets already burning from either immolate or fireball. Disadvantage of using fireball is you can only use AL for buffs OR frost bolt for shatter as the second primary.
        But you should maybe wait for an answer of someone maining mages. I mainly play warriors
        Last edited by Argon; 07-22-2020, 01:21 PM.

You can also get more damage from Fireball Meteor procs when using Brooch of Purifying Flames. If you Immolate a mob, you can see small rings of fire around each enemy and fireball meteors falling from the sky onto their heads. I am still using my old ELR Mage gear, but I switched to Fireball as primary attack when I got a Bracer of Mastery with 197% damage increase for Fireball. I also got the Sash of the Igniter which fully converted my old Ice Mage into a Fire Mage. Still have not pushed trials because my ELR gear is just level 70 stuff, but you can see the damage breakdown below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fireball Mage.JPG Views:	0 Size:	121.3 KB ID:	176883
      Almost all of my old ELR damage used to come from thermal shock and shatter, but now you can that see a lot more damage comes from fireball and fire attacks. I haven't tried Death from Above yet, but sounds like I need to add that to my to do list.

Disclaimer: I play mostly BH, which is why my ELR gear is still only level 70.
      Last edited by Ozymandius; 07-22-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X