Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limiting factor on increasing trial levels for mage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limiting factor on increasing trial levels for mage?

What is typically the thing that stops a mage from pushing to a higher trial level, DPS or survivability? Do mages at high trials run out of time because they can't kill things fast enough, or are they too squishy to survive?

I realize that the two cases somewhat depend on each other - you can run through more carefully to survive but this means you waste time, or you can gather huge mobs and kill them all at once, but this means you have to survive them all at once. But in general, which seems to limit a mage?

I am trying to plan some crafts and I was hoping to get an idea of what to expect at higher trial levels.

Thanks.

If you look at the leaderboard, 145+ needs around 1M toughness and 3k+ LoH. So if you're planning on getting there, gotta put vitality or loh in most of your gear, and the rest goes into offense. That's also cheaper to craft, cause it uses your abundant fire and water essences. If you run short on vit later on, you can adjust with +vit jewelry, enchantments, celestials, gems...
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• Anjaeka
      Anjaeka commented
      Editing a comment
      What’s your AR? I’m struggling to keep my abilities going.

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      Still haven't figured out the optimal AR, but anything above 1900 works fine for me...

• Allunra
      Allunra commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried making due with 1600ish AR and I ended up waiting a second or two. Agree, that closer to 2000 would be fine.

Indeed No such thing as abundant fire essences, unless you use lily
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• Citizen055
      Citizen055 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you use lily, especially as a mage, you never have enough shadow essences...

Originally posted by bojck View Post
    Indeed No such thing as abundant fire essences, unless you use lily
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5-stars.png
Views:	634
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	177264

Worth Every Penny!

Started using Lily; now I have 7 million Greater Fire Essences.
    BH: Shade
    Mage: Muse
    Warrior: Shade

For a list of guides I've created, click here.

Comment

Working...
    X