Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Magister's Command help

Hey guys, how's it going ?
    Does anyone know if shatter (that proc from using a fire ability on a frozen target) is considered as frost or fire damage ?

What would you think? Probably it's the opposite

Thermal shock benefits from +frost damage. If you call it cold shock, it sounds logical. Shatter benefits from +fire
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• Fytten
      Fytten commented
      Editing a comment
      I was not sure about thermal shock too I got back these days and I'm completely lost about elementary dmg those new itens.
      Thanks btw

Just so you know, from my experience, Thermal Shock is better than Shatter.
    Thermal Shock is effected by the amount of burn damage you can inflict as damage over Time. The more damage over time (fire) the higher the Thermal Shock.
    Shatter is simply 3000% weapon damage to those frozen, and is probably considered (and buffed) by physical damage, not frost.(probably wrong on buff type) You cannot increase the amount of damage it puts out.(very debatable)
    Thermal Shock extinguishes the burn effect and deals 1000% percent of the remaining burn damage (probably buffed by+fire damage) instantly.
    This is just my theory but you can go over to the gameplay video section and see Thermal Shock in action.
    Hope this helps a little
    Last edited by Skyla; 07-26-2020, 07:13 PM.
    QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
    Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

• Skyla
      Skyla commented
      Editing a comment
      Contrastingly, in theory, Shatter can do very well, with northern Wind buff. If your enemies are constantly frozen, or considered frozen, then every fire spell casted will activate Shatter. So it would rely on how fast you can cast fire spells, the more fire spells casted, the more shatters and in turn the more Shatter damage.

• Skyla
      Skyla commented
      Editing a comment
      By design it works as follows,
      Cast fire spells, cast frost..-Thermal Shock,
      Enemies are frozen, or considered, cast fire spell..-Shatter, cast frost.. Thermal Shock.. Rinse repeat
      So ideally it's a very powerful system, and coupled with Regalia gear it's ridiculously powerful.

• Fytten
      Fytten commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that's it. I use regalia and I use shatter a lotta time, it's very usefull to group mobs (just don't need to walk to so much).
      And yeah I agree we don't need the belt to use thermal shock in a good way but we need it if we wanna it to be efficient cuz without belt we lose a lotta o dmg (I was seeing all those videos) .
      Tysm
      Last edited by Fytten; 07-27-2020, 06:56 AM.

I tested it with green trinkets, bracers and belts buffing frost or fire damage. Shatter is considered fire damage and Thermal Shock is frost. The frostburn effect from the Frost Beam skill with equipped Frostfire Sash is also considered frost upon casting a frost spell triggering Thermal Shock.

Comment

Working...
    X