Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elban

Any tips for beating Elban?
    T113 I made it with 2 seconds left and T114 to 117 were 4 min to spare then Elban again. Life drain and other skills just too much.

There's no secret move to Elban, just try to avoid stuff that kills you

I have a few tips, assuming you run ELR:
    - have movement speed on both pants and boots
    - life drain: run away as soon as he starts it
    - devastate: don't stay in the black circle If your toon keeps running back into it to auto-attack, you can use secondary attack from time to time to prevent it
    - assasinate: its range is rather short. Just run a bit further away from it and you're safe
    - regular attacks: these don't kill you with one blow. If your health runs low, move away and/or drink a potion
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

What class are you running?

Comment

For y'all wondering, I did make it past 118 after 4 hours of trying and upgrading after each attempt. I was stopped again at 123 with the evil Elban again. The only tactic I found useful is stuck and move. Just keep trying g to stay away at the cost of damage output. You never know when he will drain or the other move that does dot. So just stay away.

Comment

The assassinate DoT does trigger until the last part of the attack. If you get out of a range as the attack ends, you won't be hit by the DoT effect. Not a big deal for mages and hunters because they can attack outside assassinate's range. But warriors have a tendency to charge back in to early. Even if you avoid the most of the attack, but get hit at the end you get DoT bleeding.
          This gives you about 2 seconds to get your licks in before you have to high tail it.

Comment

Sometimes he does the move where he jumps in the air, while I'm moving out of the range and not doing my attack to gain health I sustain HEAVY dot damage. That's the move I was referring to.

Comment

Check the effect status after being hit by an assassinate - it gives you a damage buff. So if you have the toughness, take the first assassinate on the chin!

Comment

The DoT is from assassinate, the attack where he disappears, reappears (usually behind you) with a short thick arrow turning in your direction. Move away to twice the arrow length to avoid it.
                You die when running from devastate (in the air, red circle) because you don't get LoH to compensate the DoT while running.
                Mobile only
                ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
                Warriors, BHs Argon
                Mages Tuca

Comment

Did you said wich class your playing?

Comment

Mage.

Comment

Elban's skills are usually in this sequence the moment he is summoned:

Regular Attacks > Drain Life > Regular Attacks > Assassinate > Regular Attack > Devastate > repeat.

Knowing this sequence will give you a headstart on when to dodge his skills.
                      Eternium ID: FULU KONU ROFE 9542

"Look me in the eye."

Comment

• bojck
                        bojck commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you ignore Breaking free, they seem to often be in that order. But they are often not... I wouldn't count on regular attacks as well, because his special moves are sometimes chained. I just recorded a 5 minute video and wrote down the sequence, and there are multiple occasions of chaining two or three moves without regular attacks in between.

I'm struggling with him on 158, because I usually need 6 minutes to take him down, because his sequence is too random and I can't get enough full beams on him...
                        Last edited by bojck; 08-27-2020, 07:45 PM.

• Loreg
                        Loreg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I believe breaking free is a skill of Magroth? Oh well. Been doing alot of Karas lately.

Ya bojck gets it. Exactly same issue in struggling with. The other bosses are very procedural but Elban is random and no visual due to upcoming attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Anywhichwaybutzeus View Post
                        Sometimes he does the move where he jumps in the air, while I'm moving out of the range and not doing my attack to gain health I sustain HEAVY dot damage. That's the move I was referring to.
                        ​​​​​Sounds like your health points are too low and using too much LoH to stay alive with the other bosses.

Or you've been taking too many assassinate attacks on the chin Below TL130, Elban attacks' tells still provide plenty of time to avoid them. He'll get you occassionally, but a single assassinate DoT shouldn't take you out nor should life drain kill you more than once. Devastate, also should not catch you that often.
                        Last edited by NoSuchReality; 09-03-2020, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X