High TL Garm - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High TL Garm - please help

Hello! I am having serious troubles getting past Garm on higher TLs. It seems that even when he's not hitting me he's still hurting me. I know his attacks are poison, which stacks, but since it doesn't show up as an effect on my character I can't tell how much damage he's actually doing to me over time. Plus whenever I die and re-engage he kills me even faster than before.
    I always use his healing circle to avoid the poison wave, and the only thing he hits me with is his normal attack. I have great to perfect gear and even tried stacking all vitality gems.

Any tips or advice? Thanks in advance!

Using GMC / ELR with frostfire build.

The only thing that works for me is to just hit him with basic attacks, then die, then more basic attacks over and over and over again. Don’t even bother actually trying to hurt him until you build up at least +75% damage from the osmosis helmet enchantment. After that start fighting him in earnest and you should be able to damage him a bit more than he recovers each time you die. However this takes time so you have to get to him with at least 6 minutes or so left on the clock. I’m sure others have better methods but like you said, I keep dying and I’m not even sure what hit me.

Comment

I'm doing him on t144 atm, and using Bojck's tactic. Get some movement speed and try to dodge most of his attacks by moving up and down or left and right. Only use immolates and novas in the blue circle, don't beam while standing in blue, it screwes the healing aura.

I only beam when he starts to cast his big attack. And use your terrain helps also, like fighting near rocks to dodge his basic poisons. Since u die faster when he killed you is cuz u havent build up the Elemental fury stacks from your 4 piece set bonus. It takes alot of practice to spank that drake.

He made a awesome video to watch and learn, it's in the gameplay video section.

Goodluck!

Comment

I had asked this same question and got similar replies, and it helped so ty to those who posted for me (I’ll try to remember to go in and look up the people and give them credit here).

I’ve noticed something and I gotta wonder bout it. Now that ANB is over I’m back to doing things in my normal character; similar build but lower lvl gear - lvl 72s instead of 75/76/77 I had in ANB bronze. I have 100k less dmg (using fire Lily so this’s kinda big), same toughness and less recovery. Seems like I should have an even harder time. And yet Garm t134 in the normal leagues is far far far easier. I had the same problem you did in ANB where if I died he pretty much just insta killed me upon revival. So I had to either be perfect or die and die till I got lucky and he spawned a blue circle RIGHT next to my spawn. But now in normal league I just beat him easy-peasy with crappier stats. The difference is huge. Any thoughts from the experienced wiser players?

edit (credit to the people who posted answering this for me in another post)
        bojck
        ozymandius
        Last edited by Maniac; 08-25-2020, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          The only thing i can say is that the dmg toughness and recovery dont say anything we need more detail about both build.

• bojck
          bojck commented
          Editing a comment
          Mb you just got better

• Maniac
          Maniac commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol bojck one can hope buuuut, I wouldn’t bet on myself

Turgeon you’re right, and I wish I’d saved all the details about the ANB setup I had. Maybe I’ll eventually figured it out. This was only my second ANB and it’s crazy how illuminating it is to go back and forth between season and ANB with similar builds and seeing minor differences.

Comment

Working...
        X