Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lily Stormcaller vs Fire

I haven't seen exactly this covered elsewhere, so:

Assuming a Fire Lily approach and base, what's going to break more face in mid TLs: full Fire/DFA Regalia, or full Stormcaller?

I've had so much fun with the Lily in a frostbeam setup, I have to wonder which of the above 'other two' might be the next thing to enjoy.

Anyone with real experience with either Fire/DFA or Stormcaller setups: your thoughts very much appreciated!
    2x Mage Huffjenkem
    BH Ichifuku
    Warrior Fhqwhgads
    Warrior Yassqueen

Full Regalia/GMC running all AR, frost nova, immolate and timewarp. Actually, just use blizzard.

It really depends on your CL and definition of mid-TLs. Is that TL60-80. TL80-100 or TL100-130?

But a high damage GMC at 75/76/77 and AR just wrecks TL80-90.
    Last edited by NoSuchReality; 09-21-2020, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Pardon my French, but what does 'break face' mean

I have some experience with dfa - it's great for xp farming and lacks damage for push. Tbh xp farming can work with a lot of different builds, including scr, elr with blizzard, or even an arc lightning build with high haste, vial and +nature damage
      Mage: Anba
      Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• echomirage
        echomirage commented
        Editing a comment
        "cause damage".

DFA is much faster at xp farming up to tl90. At tl100+ both builds lack dps against bosses. Even with already high CLs I hardly manage times below 1:30.

I like SCR most for pushing on mobile and am going DFA for XP, SCR for push the second time in a row. I also enjoyed frostbeam push build but vortex cancelling FB but not interrupting event horizon made the choice easy for me.
      Mobile only
      ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
      Warriors, BHs Argon
      Mages Tuca

Comment

• echomirage
        echomirage commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay. I figured maybe Event Horizon had the edge in damage; it sure feels like it does.

• Argon
        Argon commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure does on mobs (high trials, compared to DfA). The more you can pull in the more the damage gets amplified. The more foes, the more EHs causing damage to nearby foes. But frostbeam with thermal shock wins, maybe not on mobs, but overall with the boss for sure
        Last edited by Argon; 09-22-2020, 06:23 PM.

O dear i dunno wat i'm doin this Silver ANB
      just try this 'Mage" for a change
      no fire lilly i'm afraid. have to keep my accumulate 185 glory for awhile
      still at very low trials (trial 6)
      Just manage to open the 'DFA" utility
      for ages i just love DFA (havent trully try it yet - just once a while)
      i dunno wat combination of attack/utility and passive good for DFA
      if stuck some where later hopefully all the mages friends will assist me

Attached Files
      Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Montresor
        Montresor commented
        Editing a comment
        immo, beam & dfa is an unusual build. what you're giving up is the shatter & thermal shock damage from frost nova, which is huge. that does require GMC weapon set though, and requires equipping frost bolt as one of your attacks - you don't have to use it, but it has to be equipped.

for farming level trials - trials you can clear in 1:30 or under, or preferably under a minute - you'll want GMC, frost nova, immolate, and one of dfa or beam. beam is faster on boss; dfa i feel is faster overall for bosses you can take down in one or two dfa-> thermal shocks.

TheExorcist I have a DFA/Immolate Mage, but I haven't really done much above TL110. I used Fire Damage on trinkets and belts. I am using Sash of Igniters and a BoM with Fireball for extra fire damage. It is fun, but as Argon points out it is not the most powerful build.

Comment

Well 130 might be possible in a silver event. Exorcist look into Bojcks videos in the video section. Tl90 farming and tl144 push comparison btw DFA and FB.
        Mobile only
        ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
        Warriors, BHs Argon
        Mages Tuca

Comment

Working...
        X