Tips to prevent VoWS from messing up Shatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips to prevent VoWS from messing up Shatter

Trying to speed run trials in the 1 minute range with ELR mage using Fire Lily, Frostfire, and my VoWS keeps triggering when I go to cast Nova Insta-killing my target causing me to miss the freeze, northern wind drops before Incan Immolate for shatter and I end up losing aggro on my extended mob. It seems like my problem spot is around the 40 second mark. I then end up in the 1:20 range as I hunt down enough mob to spawn.

Is this a go higher, go lower, more AR, less AR or just my reflexes too slow to catch the VoWS triggered while moving to draw (on tablet) the Nova symbol?
    Last edited by NoSuchReality; 09-24-2020, 03:56 PM.

use talisman of power instead, works well with lily and no risk to kill mobs before you freeze them

Comment

It's a timing and AR issue... It happens to me as well when I'm not paying attention to vial charges. It mostly happens if I run the dfa build, because I aim for slightly lower trials with it, where vial actually kills mobs. For this build ideally you have a ton of AR - say 3k, so you just hit a few mobs for alacrity, wait a few sec and nova is off cooldown again

But yeah, it's good to time vial - just watch the charges and when you hit 9, try to find a few groups and burst them. It's easy - just use one eye for the cooldowns, the other for the minimap, and a third one for the actual game screen
      Mage: Anba
      Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

Great tip, but I'm blind in one eye

Comment

Working...
        X