ToStorm or firelily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ToStorm or firelily

ToStorm or Fire Lily which one is better for trial pushing? Currently I'm struggling with T118 and can't figure out which one to use

Those trinkets are used in separate builds, tos with cr/cd and fire lily for lily mage/generally with top for pushing. The critical build can push higher trial levels when configured properly.

Comment

If you are already at TL118, then it is time to switch to Talisman of Storms and build a critical damage gear set. From my experience [mostly Warrior and BH], the Fire Lily is great for farming XP, but the critical builds do better at higher trials. For me, the Fire Lily starts to lose its punch somewhere around TL110. You should check out the class specific threads for advice on what should be in the critical build, since each class is a bit different (e.g., BHs use CR on everything but Warriors can get CR through Charge and Belt of Templar).

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Tin Man Good to know. I guess I should dust off the old Mage and make a few runs to get the cobwebs out before the next ANB event. Do you use a fire damage or frost damage mage build?

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Tin Man Makes sense. I created a fire damage mage, but I was generally disappointed in the results. I should have gone the other direction, but I was mostly working with dropped gear back then since I was using all the new Glory on the BH Demolitionist gear. Maybe it is time to try a frost damage Mage for a change of pace.

• kurtcabage
        kurtcabage commented
        Editing a comment
        to be fair...
        only PC + high skill player that can clear 153+ with lily
        as far as i know there are only 2 discord players that pass 153 using lily, it's our great mage Bojck (157) and Splendor (156)

aside for mobile as far as i know lily cap at 153 (Romme) and 152 (Cereblon)

If you're having trouble because you can't hit hard enough (ie running out of time), ToS would be my choice. If you're having a hard time because you're dying 30x, Lily would be my choice. I used to die a lot (30x or more) in Trials above 100. Using Lily, I managed to beat TL130. I tried using a crit build, but same ol' dying all the time. I kept dying so much I never could build up the Regalia4 buffs.

The choice is easy for me: if survival is the problem, go with Lily. If firepower is the issue, go with ToS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
        For me, the Fire Lily starts to lose its punch somewhere around TL110.
        With proper balance of stats of a lily build, I can say that TL110 is too low that is difficult to pass. A push lily in an ANB can even skip 10 trials at 110 and 5 trials at 130.

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Tin Man corrected me on that as well. Apparently the Fire Lily Mage has more lasting power than the Fury Warrior that I have been running. Of course, most of my ANB warrior runs were using e-box gear for all but weapons and trinkets, and I rarely try to push those builds very far past TL110. Feels like I should consider running Mage in next ANB...

I am not one of the better players and last silver my lilybeam completed tl136 without a full push set, xp jewelry and two other xp pieces. A lily should take an average player up to 140+ if you are willing to craft the gear and jewelry.

Comment

• Teebs
          Teebs commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you explain your comment here a bit more, specifically: " without a full push set, xp jewelry and two other xp pieces"

I just recently unlocked the lily and BoM (for a lilybeam mage), but haven't yet played an ANB with that, so any detailed explanation of gear to get to 130 (less interested in leaderboard than gathering Glory at this point) would be greatly appreciated

... KTB

A push set will have neither gold nor experience as an attribute, all my jewelry and two pieces of elr had experience. No reason to go through the pain of jewelry crafting or craft the other two pieces since I had passed 130 for the extra glory and it also put me in the top 100. Splendor is one of the best lily mages and finishes 150+ with his push gear. There are mage guides both here on the forum and discord.

Comment

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          papa jim Are you using a PC or mobile? As a mobile player, I tend to struggle with ELR mage at high TLs.

I have switched to pc unless we are in a beta, most mobiles have to pull smaller mobs, higher levels then are a problem.

Comment

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          That's my bottleneck right now. Getting a good PC. Crafting is better on mobile, though. And mobile is more convenient if you have an erratic play schedule like I do.

Originally posted by papa jim View Post
        I have switched to pc unless we are in a beta, most mobiles have to pull smaller mobs, higher levels then are a problem.
        So on PC you play in fullscrean? Or in window mode?

Comment

fullscreen, fps at 30 for story, 144 for trial

Comment

Working...
          X