Bracer of Mastery questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bracer of Mastery questions

I played a mage this ANB and so far doing good. Will build a lily mage on my main since it is enjoy to play with and a very good exp/materials farmer outside ANBs.
    But I still have a confusion about on crafting Bracer of Mastery regarding the stats and Frostbeam bonus, how do top players consider the BoM stats and bonuses to be used in either exp and/or final pushing?
    For axample, if I crafted a low level 73 BoM but with 490+% bonus and crafted another level 76 but with only 450%, which will I use in my exp farming and in the final push? Will I use the 76 in exp farming and the lower level for my pushing or the other way around? And, how about the frost damage bonus? I crafted some higher level BoM but has lower frost damage than a lower level BoM with +2% more frost.
    For this dilemma of mine, I just multiply the frostbeam bonus to the frost damage, and whichever has higher value, that will be I'm going to use in both exp farming and in pushing, is that the correct approach?
    Please help me veteran players.....
    Last edited by Citizen of Elderath; 08-03-2021, 08:59 AM.

LodWig here is a question for you haha

Comment

Well consider yourself lucky, both of these are quite good The quality of these two is pretty similar.

'For this dilemma of mine, I just multiply the frostbeam bonus to the frost damage, and whichever has higher value, that will be I'm going to use in both exp farming and in pushing, is that the correct approach?' - Not at all!

Here's a rough guideline you can use:
      10% beam damage = 1% total damage increase;
      2% frost damage = 1% total damage increase;
      1 bracer level = 1% total damage increase;

If you want to be picky, you can calculate the effect of all stats if these two were celestial, so in order of importance frostbeam, +frost, 4 other stats (incl vitality), armor. Also you should factor in your current stats and also the trial sheet stats.

To simplify things, say you deal 50% damage with beam and 50% with thermal shock (both are frost). Also say you have +90% frost damage with all your gear.

If you increase frost with 2%, your damage increases by 1.92/1.9 which is roughly 1%.
      If you increase beam damage from 450% to 460%, beam damage increases by 5.60/5.50 ~ 2%. Since it amounts to half your total damage, the total damage increases by ~1%.
      Each of the other stats is not that important on its own, but they add up.

Personally I'm sticking to the cheat sheet above, as it just takes a few seconds to make a reasonably good comparison.

For xp it can be a tad better to go with the higher +xp, because beam is mighty enough anyway : )
      Mage: Anba
      Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• Turgeon
        Turgeon commented
        Editing a comment
        Woah thnk for the hint bojck nice job you should made it sticky

• Bali_Lenni
        Bali_Lenni commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeps...very nice tip....cheers

Thank you so much for that detailed response! Maybe you can add this in your mage guide, it'll be very helpful to all mage players.

Comment

Working...
      X