Stats/Passives to kill Elban FASTER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats/Passives to kill Elban FASTER?

My mage is Champion level 415 with full ELR and the GMC set.

I am stuck on trial level 73, which is an Elban level. I have no issues killing him, it's just always AFTER the timer expires. It's taking like 6 or 7 minutes to get through his hit points, which is not fast enough to get through the level.

I should specify I have never found him early in the level. It's usually a cave with many mobs and not enough space to run around.

What stats are key to speed up killing this irritating Boss?

My consistent passives are Celerity and Glass.Cannon, and I've tried three others. No noticable improvement.

Study the older video for tips (search down for the Elban video): https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ht-boss-videos

Elban (and the 2 dragons), IMHO, are tricky, and often it has a little less to do with your power, gear, etc. but rather than technique and timing to AVOID key attacks -- and learn to only attack when the boss is VULNERABLE.

That said, personally, I'd avoid the Glass Cannon passive early in your build (apply it at a higher CL, like 1600 - 1800) which sacrifices armor for damage. Instead, try fleet-footed to put some jump in your step -- to run away/kite from Elban! You don't give us a lot to work with on gear levels, but I'd imagine you may still a bit underpowered. If you have the resources, try a piece or two to upgrade, especially if you can improve your staff weapon.

Finally, avoid a cave if possible (too much clutter for kiting). At the first moment you open up a new map and you find you are in a cave, IMMEDIATELY generate the Portal to return to Home Town and simply try again for a better map (like the desert, snow, or forest). This is called map-shopping.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Working...
    X